Redlinebob

Hello All!
New guy here. Old geezer mid-life crisis, don't care, lol. Enjoying my new 50th anniversary STi. Short shifter, Cobbed, SF intake. M45 axle-back. Good enuf for me and plenty quick. Love it so far. About 9K trouble free miles. Always interested in the latest and greatest "stuff". Nice site here!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!! Post some pictures of the ride!!

Seeing that you've had quite some experience with life, what other cars have you had in the past! Post pictures of them as well if you have any!! :tup:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome! Pics and plans?

If you've never tracked or auto-xed, a midlife crisis is a GREAT reason to try it out and really learn the limits of your car!

Redlinebob

QUOTE=Grinder34;143582]Welcome! Pics and plans?

If you've never tracked or auto-xed, a midlife crisis is a GREAT reason to try it out and really learn the limits of your car![/QUOTE]

Funny you asked. Never had my car through any of that stuff and to be quite honest it's way too expensive for me to even contemplate it. Been there done that in other sports...:)
I went to the Wicked Big Meet at Stafford Motor Speedway a bit ago and watched the Factory Sti run an auto-cross right there. 600hp and 4-wheel tire smoking good time!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pictures not working!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Not sure why, can someone walk me through it?

Are you using Tapatalk? I use the second icon when I reply. It looks like a landscape portrait.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome! Pics and plans?

If you've never tracked or auto-xed, a midlife crisis is a GREAT reason to try it out and really learn the limits of your car!

img_1097

Funny you asked. Never had my car through any of that stuff and to be quite honest it's way too expensive for me to even contemplate it. Been there done that in other sports...:)
I went to the Wicked Big Meet at Stafford Motor Speedway a bit ago and watched the Factory Sti run an auto-cross right there. 600hp and 4-wheel tire smoking good time!!!

Auto-x is cheap!! Barely uses gas, tires, or brake pads. Just takes a full day and like $50 entry fee. Tons of fun even in a true beater, let alone a 4wd monster like the STI! And you learn a ton about how the car handles, i almost think it should be required for any new car purchase!