Hey Everyone

afisher9

Hey everyone! I just joined the forum today and currently have a 2015 STI Launch Edition running COBB Stage 1+ and a remark axle back. Been picking up some parts over the past couple of weeks moving towards my goal of doing a flex fuel conversion so I figured it was time to make an account and start talking to other owners about their experiences. This mod bug is already hitting me pretty hard.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!!

What other cars have you had in the past?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome friend.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
How would you describe the STi in comparison to the Legacy GT?!

afisher9

I mean definitely a night and day comparison. My legacy did pull pretty hard for it being an older car and over 100k on it but I really did like it. Never felt like I couldn't handle PAs winter conditions and could keep up with some pretty quick cars. However the STI just has a lot more power overall. I wish I had a bit more high end power but I think once the exhaust is not restricted and I have a protune it will really help out on that end.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What made you leave the BMW for an STi? I'm assuming the 335xi was somewhat on par, if not better, than the STi.

afisher9

Yeah I actually had the bmw because of the legacy dying on me (granted it had 170k on it) and put me in a pinch to get a car. originally didn't think a newer sti was in my price range and went for the 335i. My main thing against the bmw was I couldn't find a manual and I was driving in the city at the time but after a couple weeks I was already over it. It was a pretty quick car but I missed my legacy, the rumble and driving a manual. The bmw was a nice car overall but once I started getting into the forums and started seeing mods people were getting into for it, the subaru modifying seemed to be more fun for my taste. Also the bmw was a lot more money to maintain... had it for 4 months and under 25k the thermostat and water pump went on it.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ouch! Well, I'm glad you're back in a Subie! I know I don't have to say this because I know damn well you're enjoying it! :tup:

afisher9

Thanks Alin! I appreciate it! Yeah I definitely love it. Can't wait to explore the forum and start seeing some people's cars and their builds!