Flex Fuel Conversion Mods

afisher9

So I have a 2015 STI Launch Edition. Currently running Cobb's Stage 1+ Map with their intake and a Borla Catback. I am in the process of compiling parts as I have the extra money that I will be putting on when I decide on a tuner and go get a dyno tune. I currently have a Cobb catted dp, ID1050x injectors and AEM 320 fuel pump that I am very eager to put on. The next step is to buy the Cobb Flex Fuel kit and pressure sensor as well as an ebcs (probably grimmspeed). I have also read online an aos would be very helpful once using flex fuel. I was wondering who else has taken a similar path with their STI, what you think worked, what didn't work, what you wish you would've done, mod lists and of course how much power you put down. Any insight on the flex fuel conversion would be very helpful!

sti newb

I haven?t done it yet but that will be my last mod that I do but I read that it will give you about 50 more whp and heard it?s one of the best performance mods you can do to see hp gains

The list is long but in short forged internals, 272 cams, 1300cc injectors, fuel pump etc. I have an issue about being impatient and having some of the resources of this forum allow me to buy a part a tune it. So I have pretty much tried every level so far up to 500+hp. I will tell you e-85 is great at every stage. Car runs better obviously more power and in my opinion smells great too. If you are trying to not do what I do but at least and injector that can reach your hp goals in the future as well as the fuel pump. Don't buy the biggest turbo you can get again buy for the hp range you are shooting for. Don't go buy the biggest turbo you will hate the lag and if you don't buy the necessary parts to allow for a higher redline your power band will be short, very short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sti newb

The list is long but in short forged internals, 272 cams, 1300cc injectors, fuel pump etc. I have an issue about being impatient and having some of the resources of this forum allow me to buy a part a tune it. So I have pretty much tried every level so far up to 500+hp. I will tell you e-85 is great at every stage. Car runs better obviously more power and in my opinion smells great too. If you are trying to not do what I do but at least and injector that can reach your hp goals in the future as well as the fuel pump. Don't buy the biggest turbo you can get again buy for the hp range you are shooting for. Don't go buy the biggest turbo you will hate the lag and if you don't buy the necessary parts to allow for a higher redline your power band will be short, very short

I?m just trying to get around 350hp for a daily. I have catless dp 2.5? exhaust Cobb sr intake Cobb access port grimm boost control and just put on equal length headers. Do you think it?ll be able to handle the E85 with stock internals? I know I?ll have to do at least 1300cc injectors and a aem 340 fuel pump. I might just get it tuned how it is right now and wait for the injectors fuel pump and E85. I just bought the car a few weeks ago and have already been putting a good amount of money in it and after the headers my 02 sensor is going off so now I have to replace that and I also think I have a boost leak, started making a fluttering sound in higher rpm?s I got it tested supposedly and the guy said he pressure tested it but I don?t know what els it can be I might take it somewhere els so someone can check it more thoroughly and tell me exactly what that noise is and what I have to do to fix it. I thought maybe it was boost creep but that?s in lower rpm?s. At first it only happened a couple times but now it?s making the noise all the time and it?s stressing me out. Plus girls already mad at how much I?ve been spending on it. ??*??

Yes you can get to 350awhp with stock internals. You week only need 1000cc injectors and that fuel pump to do it

afisher9

I've done the conversion on my 2013 and love it. What is your end goal on power?

My end goal based on what I've seen people with similar mods is around 330-345 whp and 360-375 wtq. I think those are pretty reasonable and pretty safe on a conservative tune. Do you recommend an AOS or a turbo inlet? any experience with those?

I use a perrin turbo inlet and a IAG AOS. I like the IAG as it is easy to change from the Street Version to the Track Version. I purchase all my parts from Defined Performance. Jordan is the man and will hook you up.

afisher9

I use a perrin turbo inlet and a IAG AOS. I like the IAG as it is easy to change from the Street Version to the Track Version. I purchase all my parts from Defined Performance. Jordan is the man and will hook you up.

Those are both the brands I mainly see people using and probably the ones I was planning on using myself. They have been working well for you and how easy to install?

Both are easy but time consuming to be honest. I would plan to do them at the same time and maybe along with any other mods that will be down there.