Glad to be here

tssti

I recently purchased a 2018 base STi in Silver. I am super new to the different mods out there so I am looking forward to being part of this community and learning and contributing where I can.

IMG_0073_zpsn80vcx1f.jpg

IMG_0071_zpsv78rwdff.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! What other cars have you had in the past and how does the STi compare to them?!

Oh, and where in Ohio are you?!

tssti

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm in Columbus. I've owned, in the order owned them: Silver 1986 Audi 4000 S, Purple 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis V8, Silver 2001 VW TDI Beetle, Dark Grey 2006 VW Passat, Grey 2008 VW Tiguan, Black 2009 VW Passat CC, Dark Grey 2005 Acura TL, Dark Silver 2015 Honda Civic EX-L, Silver 2016 Subaru Impreza and I still have it, now I have my STi too.

I loved the Audi, it was my first car and it was a tank.
I got the POS mercury after my EAS from the military, the V8 made it interesting to drive, but not enjoyable.
Beetle was great, 55 miles per gallon, deathly slow from a start, but decent pick-up while at freeway speeds. My sister borrowed it and it was totaled when she was rear-ended.
The passat was very meh, but the passat CC was alright.
Drove the Tiguan for years. It was a blast to drive on and off road, but after 40k miles it broke down a lot ($$$) then finally at 76k miles the timing slipped and destroyed the engine (>$10K = RIP Tiguan and my appetite for VW ):
The Acura was fun to drive and nice despite its age.
Leased the civic, it was nice but extremely meh.
Impreza was my first Subaru and I love the heck out of it. I put Nokian Hakkapaaliitta 8 studded tires on it last winter and it was a life altering experience.

To answer your question, none of them really compare to my STi, it is the first manual I have ever owned/driven. It took me about three weeks to get the hang of not entirely sucking and now I don't want to ever go back to an automatic.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Oh, man! You've had some amazing cars! I'm up in Cleveland and am also a German car lover. (Audi/VW) I have a Mk4 Jetta TDI right now as a daily and I've perfected it with mods. Have had C4 S4 and D2 A8 as my favorites in the past in addition to countless Jetta's, Passat's, A4's, A6's, etc. :tup: