New member posting so account doesn?t get deleted haaa

GidTheKid18

Recently purchased my first Subaru which happens to be a 2016 WRX, silver, so far has short throw shifter, Perrin shift stop, Invidia catback exhaust and of course I had to go with the STI spoiler, besides that everything is mainly stock, thinking about keeping it that way until after Christmas so I can try to get some of the parts I want without buying them myself. Lol, jk I?m 24 so big gifts are pretty much over. I plan on doing a lot to the car, going to do non tuning mods first, suspension, motor mounts, pitch stop, transmission mounts, etc.. wantto eventually start tuning but not gonna go over board, Whatever I?m going to do, I?m going to research and look into everything before I make any decisions because everyone tells me that Subaru?s can be sensitive as hell to performance mods, and tuning especially if someone isn?t mechanically inclined. (I actually work in a garage, but it?s still my first Subaru / first tuning car) and I don?t want to blow the engine anytime soon. Sorry for the rant, just giving some background and adding a mandatory post.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=6780]GidTheKid18[/MENTION] welcome to the family.

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

You can save a ton of money on mods by prowling various forums for used parts.

I'm always a fan of suspension upgrades, so definitely consider a set of swaybars and endlinks off the bat.

Tuning is a great hobby, but definitely want to know what you're doing before going crazy with it. If you're thinking of tuning your car, a few guages would be a welcome addition like a wideband O2.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!! What other cars have you had in the past? How does the WRX compare to them?

Seems like you're on the correct beginner's path. Research, research, research!!!! :tup: Learn from everyone else's mistakes beforehand and know what you need to avoid so you don't follow in their footsteps. It'll drastically help you create a positive experience in the Subie world!

While you're doing suspension, don't forget/neglect a good quality tire!