Carbon Driveshaft

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Anyone here swap out the stock driveshaft for a carbon fiber one? I've heard some good things regarding 1st to 2nd shift smoothness among a couple other perks, but for $900+ it seems like a lot of $$$ for a little :peelout:

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Appreciate the links. I'll contact Jordan to see if he carries a carbon option for my car and just how salty they are.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Definitely give Jordan a call @Defined Performance

At $900-1100, a CF driveshaft is pretty tough to justify, in dollars-per-horsepower gain. But I really do love mine. I wouldn't say it makes things "smoother" by any means, but it definitely allows you to rev faster. So much faster in fact, that after installing it, I slammed the freaking rev limiter a few times on hard launches. You'll scream to redline so fast, that you'll probably pull over and move your shift light/alarm down at least a 1k rpms. :lol:

But the other nice thing about a CF driveshaft, is it's ability to flex ever so slightly. This prevents huge transients (immediate torque spike) from damaging your rear end and/or axles. I've seen people that drag race their cars with lots of power break axles until swapping in a CF driveshaft. That's not to say you can just side step the clutch at 7k rpms and everything will be fine. But if you do, a CF DS does add a bit of protection for your drivetrain.

Sorry for the delay, I've been sick as a dog for the last couple days :(

Last edited: