To Pro tune or not?

I have a 2018 STI and I have several parts but not installed yet. I'm wondering if it is worth doing a Pro tune with these parts or waiting till I have enough fuel system parts to go to the next level.

I have.... installed so far..
Cobb AP
Cobb Turbo back
GFB BPV

I have, but not installed
Cobb SF intake
Cobb turbo inlet
Perrin EBCS
ETS top mount

Thanks for any information you can give.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think it would be worth a pro tune with all those parts installed. Unless you are replacing the Fuel Pressure regulator, the fuel system parts you install later should have little to no effect on the tune unless you develop the 2500 rpm stumble as a result.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What Holy said...

Unless by "fuel system" you're talking about going E85, then you'll definitely need a separate tune for that.

Yeah the next level would be for me, 1300 injectors, fuel rails, lines, pump, and E85 items. I would like to enjoy all these parts i have acquired, but wasnt sure if it would be worth the money paid out for a pro tune.

Looks like i might be making a call to the tuner?

Holy : you do any e-type tunes?? Or all on dyno?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I don't think the EBCS is going to be necessary or do much for you at this point. A think you should have a larger fuel pump as well, although my expertise is in 2004-2007 model years, so maybe your fuel pump is enough. For reference, when I was Stage II-ish/1st pro-tune level, I required a Walbro 255 lph. When it comes to mods, especially fueling in this case, plan ahead. Where do you see the car 5 years from now? I went from stock injectors and pump to a Walbro 255. Then later DW 850cc inj with the 255. And now, a Walbro 460 lph with FIC 1650cc injectors. This is especially true if you might want to run e85 in the future.

Plan ahead.

But to answer your original question... Yes. A pro-tune is always worth it.

I don't think the EBCS is going to be necessary or do much for you at this point. A think you should have a larger fuel pump as well, although my expertise is in 2004-2007 model years, so maybe your fuel pump is enough. For reference, when I was Stage II-ish/1st pro-tune level, I required a Walbro 255 lph. When it comes to mods, especially fueling in this case, plan ahead. Where do you see the car 5 years from now? I went from stock injectors and pump to a Walbro 255. Then later DW 850cc inj with the 255. And now, a Walbro 460 lph with FIC 1650cc injectors. This is especially true if you might want to run e85 in the future.

Plan ahead.

But to answer your original question... Yes. A pro-tune is always worth it.
Thanks for the info. For my car in 5 years, I'm not really sure. I could end up with something totally different or not. Just depends. At this point, I'm going to go as far as i can with it progressively. Its my daily so i can't have a lot of downtime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk