New 2014 STI Hatch owner

gfxguy

Hi all, I bought my 2014 ISM STI Hatch last month and have been loving driving and modifying it so far. It's my daily driver; I got it with a four year/48K bumper-to-bumper warranty so I don't plan on making any engine mods in the short term*, but I've made a few other mods so far:
  • Hardwired phone charger and radar detector
  • Chargespeed type 2 replica front lip
  • STI embroidered seat belt shoulder pads for rear side seatbelts
  • Hella supertones with custom harness and Perrin bracket
  • Vinyl overlays from Premium Auto Styling: taillight, third brake light, and yellow fog light overlays
  • 25% tint all around
  • A-pillar rattle fix
  • Fog light DRL mod

[* I know, boring! The warranty is pro-rated refundable so I may yet change my mind, haha.]

This is my third Subaru; the others were a 2012 2.0i Impreza Sport Premium 5MT (traded in for this car), and a 2017 Forester XT Touring w/ Eyesight, which I still have (and is now my wife's DD). The Forester has an ADF lift (1.5" front 1.75" rear) with 235/65/17 Hankook Dynapro ATM tires, which makes it awesome off-road and in the snow, while still riding great in the city and highway. I was looking for something a little more fun to drive, though (and I missed driving stick), which is why I got the STI.

Next thing on my list for the STI is replacing the transmission and differential fluid (shifts are a bit difficult when the car is cold, especially into first and second, which I'm hoping good-quality gear oil will fix).

I'm also looking into suspension options -- I wouldn't mind a mild drop, but I'm not really interested in sacrificing too much in terms of ride quality (like I said, it's my DD). I've read good things about the RCE Black springs, although they don't change the ride height.

Thanks for reading, I'm excited to be part of the forum!

Pics:

IMG-8585.jpg

IMG-8529.jpg

IMG-8542.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGTOASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!! OOOH, since you have the exhaust garnishes, I think you should add the R205 rear diffuser/valance! They would compliment each other very well! :tup: How many miles are on the car right now and do you plan on keeping it forever? You should definitely look into sway bars and endlinks in addition to the springs, which by the way, you can't go wrong with RCE! What tires are you currently running and how many miles have you driven since you've gotten the car?

gfxguy

Thanks! I bought it with just over 57k on the odometer and it?s now it?s a bit under 58k. I?m lucky to have a short commute so mileage will creep up pretty slowly. I plan on keeping it for at least 3-4 years as a DD, and maybe a track/weekend car after that, we?ll see!
Current tires are BFG g-force comp 2 A/S 245/40ZR18. They still have good tread left and handle the ample rain we get here very well so far.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You've embarked with a great start to your Subie adventure!!!!