Hey from Seacoast NH

Doc Holliday

Just upgraded from a base 2014 WRX to a 2019 STi - my first grownup version. Pretty great so far. Some work was going to be required for the old girl in the next 6 months so i just rolled required capital and trade into an STi. Dealer (allegedly) made a paperwork error in the courtship process and that got me an (admittedly) very good deal after they were good enough to stand on their offer. Meant to be i suppose.

No pics just yet, but if she's anything like her predecessor she'll be spending a lot of time combing the NH/Southern Maine coast for surf and in the NH/Maine/Canadian mountains on ski days so I'll have quite a few good ones rolling in. Love having an AWD workhorse that's also a blast to drive.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!! Post some pictures of the old and the new ride when you get a chance!! What tires are you currently running on the STi? Any differences that you like with the STi? Anything that you dislike going from a WRX to an STi?

Doc Holliday

Still on OEM Rims/Yokos since I've had the car for all of 3 days now, but in the process of ordering some Michelin X-ice and 18" Enkei Raijins for the winter. Have to go full studless snows. Once its time to re-up the tires i'm assuming i'll go back to Michelin Pilot Sports; had the Conti ExtremeContacts on the old girl but, frankly, I thought the ride kinda sucked and the sidewalls were too soft. They performed well, wasn't enough to buy new ones since they're almost finished at 12k miles anyway, but etc. Wouldn't buy again.

From the '14 base to the '19 STi is a pretty big change...definitely stiffer, has a nicer interior, the bluetooth actually works well (small but nice), the sound system is much better, its much quieter in terms of road noise, the throttle controls are good for the missus (she drives it 2x per week when I have to commute 2 hours in traffic to Boston-area for work). Feels a lot less twitchy, to be honest, which I didn't expect but is very nice.

The only thing I miss is being able to hit 60mph in second gear. That 5 speed had its downside but being able to do the full 0-60 in one shift was great.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Aside from rims and tires, do you plan on doing any other modifications? When are we getting some pictures?! :banghead:

Interesting, so how has your experience adjusting to the 6 speed transmission been thus far?