EVAP system not ready, will not pass Inspection

Hello,
I had my car tuned by a supposedly very reputable shop here in Houston and the work they did was extremely sloppy, I was charged for things that were not done or done half ass. Anyway, I couldn't get the EVAP system to go "READY". I found out that the repairs to the EVAP system that I paid for were not performed and bolts were left out of one of the fuel hats, the filler neck was not sealed. It never would have come up as ready and never passed I/M so it would never pass inspection. I have repaired all the stuff they screwed up and what I need to know is how I can check to see if the EVAP system was deleted in the tune. I have a Cobb V3 tuner.

Thank you!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Who did the work?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

I have no wish to start war with the shop. Let's just call it a VERY expensive lesson. I just want to fix my car so it will pass inspection and I can get it legal and drive it. As far as taking it back there goes, no, I wouldn't let them work on my lawnmower.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Holy shit, what a cluster @#$%. Sorry you had to go through that with a shop. :doh: [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] is our tuning expert. He should be able to point you in the right direction.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
There is no way of knowing what code they turned off. You need to ask them directly or get another tune from someone else and instruct them not to turn off evap codes.

Most states allow 2 readiness monitors to be "not ready" and it will pass. Is that not true in TX?

I'm only allowed one. The O2 sensor shows ready but EVAP system and Secondary Air show "Not Ready". I deleted the air pump and it wouldn't have worked anyway with the aftermarket turbo I have, so....that's my 1. But I paid them to fix the EVAP system and they just flat ass didn't do it and then deleted it in tune so the motor light wouldn't come on. They knew that in Houston a car has to pass I/M in inspection.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
We have a feeling we know who did this...

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
No. This has been frustrating enough. They are ones with the bad Karma. And what comes around goes around.
So true friend so true.

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well now that you are a life time member, consider this... You are entitled to free etunes from me. If you want we can retune and turn on the evap codes in the process. The only thing is - this does require you to get the system working.