19 Sti aos install

shawnb

Hi has anyone here have a Crawford AOS system on there 19.I just bought the system and found that the new sti has no tube going from firewall to airbox so no place for the plugs that they give you in the kit.Also the hose clamps look like you can't reuse them i didn't know if there is a special tool to remove them or am i just to cut clamps?Can anyone help me on this install

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I can't seem to find any install literature on Crawford AOS for the 2019 STi. Is your AOS kit specifically made for your model year? My expertise is with the GD chassis, but I might be able to help if you post some pictures of the kit and engine bay. I can't imagine the bay being THAT MUCH different from 04-19, considering it's still an EJ257. :unsure:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hi has anyone here have a Crawford AOS system on there 19.I just bought the system and found that the new sti has no tube going from firewall to airbox so no place for the plugs that they give you in the kit.Also the hose clamps look like you can't reuse them i didn't know if there is a special tool to remove them or am i just to cut clamps?Can anyone help me on this install

Haven't done it on a '19, but since the kit is for a '15-'19 my guess is that there are extras included to account for differences between model years.

A lot of times you can't re-use the stock clamps, but they should have included some in the kit. Looking at the pictures online, it looks like maybe thats what all the zip-ties are for?

I know this is a couple months old and your project is likely done but wanted to close the loop. I installed the IAG AOS last weekend, haven't posted on my build thread yet but plan to soon.

Several low pressure clamps were reused. Saying that, they were never removed from the hose, just pull the hose off with clamp in place then push back in place leaving the clamp. All new low pressure hoses used zip ties. The two high pressure lines came with new clamps.

Hope this helps someone in the future who may run across this thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk