Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coilovers or nah?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Coilovers or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post

Selling your coilovers can probably get you some good cash to put into a setup you'd be happy with. If you're really savvy, there's no reason why you cant put on a new spring rate, and hopefully find a good bump/rebound adjustment on the shocks, but it might take some time to figure that out.
    I'm far from savvy my friend, It was actually a thought in the back of my mind if I could get some decent cash for the coilovers I have now. Dont know much about these cars and from what I've learned they are testy with what parts you put on so I'm definitely trying to do my research and ask questions as much as possible!

Noob level 100,000,000,000

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Given the lack of track plans at this stage I would recommend swapping your coilovers for someones really nice stock setup (they might even give you some cash on top). This gets you 2 things: 1. the original equipment if you decide to sell/trade in the future. 2. a comfortable ride that will handle well enough for most people that don't track the car.

Most people that don't track their car make shock/spring changes because they want a different look. Sticky tires, sway bars, and end links might be all you need to have the car handle the way you want. This will also buy you the time to feel out the rest of the car and make sure something else doesn't require the money you would have spent on a fancy suspension setup. Just my .02

15 GBP STi

3. Thanks ITZ_GODZIRRRAAA! thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HawkEye View Post
    This will also buy you the time to feel out the rest of the car and make sure something else doesn't require the money you would have spent on a fancy suspension setup. Just my .02
    Exactly, I just got a bonus that will be going towards repairs. That all is definitely coming first. I've heard alot of chatter about nice stock setups so it looks like I might need to look into that!

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I'm not trying to toot our own horn around here, but you will notice the community here is different...in a good way. You will find the opinion you want on another forum. You will find the opinions you need on this forum. I'm infamous for looking for opinions that align with mine when I know something isn't the best idea (buying a motorcycle with a bad back or buying the cheap version of something to save a few $$$ because it is just as good...right?...right?). The people here are thoughtful and have been through many of the situations people ask about. It doesn't mean we all make the best decisions or the right ones for you, but we will steer you in the right direction for your car, your wallet, and your safety. Let us know once you narrow it down to a few options, I'm sure a few people would be able to chime in with some personal experience. Good luck!

O and don't forget to factor in a 4 wheel alignment to the cost of whatever route you go. Your tires will thank you.

15 GBP STi

6. Thanks ITZ_GODZIRRRAAA!, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes ITZ_GODZIRRRAAA!, Alin, Sliderbandit liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HawkEye View Post
    I'm not trying to toot our own horn around here, but you will notice the community here is different...in a good way. You will find the opinion you want on another forum. You will find the opinions you NEED on this forum. I'm infamous for looking for opinions that align with mine when I know something isn't the best idea (buying a motorcycle with a bad back or buying the cheap version of something to save a few $$$ because it is just as good...right?...right?). The people here are thoughtful and have been through many of the situations people ask about. It doesn't mean we all make the best decisions or the right ones for you, but we will steer you in the right direction for your car, your wallet, and your safety. Let us know once you narrow it down to a few options, I'm sure a few people would be able to chime in with some personal experience. Good luck!

O and don't forget to factor in a 4 wheel alignment to the cost of whatever route you go. Your tires will thank you.
    This is precisely the reason why I'm ONLY on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

8. Likes Eagleye liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

A bunch of you all have already helped me out with everything I have asked so this is definitely the place to be

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12