First sti first turbo vehicle

Hey guys and gals,

I just got everything setup waiting on my 2012 subi to arrive if there is anything that is a must please dm me so o can see it in my emails and if there's any good videos please link them for research. I know there's a lot to learn about these awesome cars.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

When do you get your car? Make sure to post pictures when you do! What cars have you had in the past? Is the STi stock or modded? Give us more info!

I've owned a Dodge neon sxt, 85 Monte Carlo, 02 mazada 626, 02 blazer, and just totalled my last baby which was a 88.5 Suzuki samurai.

I'm hoping my subi will be here by the end of the week at the latest. Not 100% if it's been modded or not.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yikes on the last car! However, sad endings with happy beginnings then! Based on the previous cars that you've had, the STi is a considerate bump in power.

How did you buy the STi if you don't know if it's modded or not? Did you test drive it before purchasing it?

Purchased the vehicle from Enterprise as a trade in waiting to hear back from original owner only had 50k miles on it and looks showroom new motor was clean looked totally stock. Still had stock rims on it also I waiting to hear if he had put the stage 1 on it or not. If not would it be a problem to do it this late in miles. And Enterprise won't sell anything that doesn't pass a 109 point inspection and has less than 50% of its life left

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Mileage is only a number as long as a vehicle is properly maintained. My personal suggestion is to leave the car stock and just drive it. Get accustomed to it and get learn as much as you can about it. Keep us updated as to when you find out more information!

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There are no real must-dos. Some will say to do an AOS, a beefier oil pickup isn't a terrible idea, and maybe gagues to monitor the engine, especially if its' been modded. But I say just drive it for a while and figure out what you really want to do with it!

Lets see some pics!

As soon as I get a photobucket setup I will definitely post some pics. I just picked her up today and it's perfect sounds great drives even better bone stock also. Was thinking of doing e85 but not sure if that's a great idea but right now I'm still in that learning curve. I do have a lil slop in the shifter but it's nothing extremely bad

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
As soon as I get a photobucket setup I will definitely post some pics. I just picked her up today and it's perfect sounds great drives even better bone stock also. Was thinking of doing e85 but not sure if that's a great idea but right now I'm still in that learning curve. I do have a lil slop in the shifter but it's nothing extremely bad

Congratulations! I suggest you keep it stock and drive with a smile while learning more about the platform! Get us pictures of the engine bay as well! :tup:

These were from the dealership I'll get some of the engine bay soon. Rims are ssr I do believe tint is gone unfortunately but I'll replace as per my States law...(rolls eyes hard).
3b59ec21a8e6c95ad7612d563646ca55.jpg
9366fcc78d7368b35dfe5f90c8ac2f6f.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Do you have easy access to E85? Along with a tune I think you need bigger injectors for that (someone else chime in here)...or maybe it was fuel pump? Which if you're going down the mod path, there are other things you can do in addition to get max benefit!

Do you have easy access to E85? Along with a tune I think you need bigger injectors for that (someone else chime in here)...or maybe it was fuel pump? Which if you're going down the mod path, there are other things you can do in addition to get max benefit!
That's what I thought was one or the other or both.

I'm not looking for great big power gains I'm happy with where I'm at stock I would like another exhaust on it. Do the cold air. And maybe dress up the engine. But suspension is where I'm going with mine.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This is my honest recommendation and I'm basing it on your previous cars that you've owned. The STi has a lot more power in stock form than the cars that you've had in the past. I strongly suggest you leave the car stock for now and just drive it and enjoy it.

A catback exhaust would be fine in stock form, but I believe sway bars and end links are a bigger bang for the buck, especially with exhaust prices these days. Don't get an intake, unless you're going to get a tune at the SAME time. The stock intake is capable of upwards of 400hp, so realistically, an intake isn't worth the money and CAN do more harm than good. Stick to 93 octane for now and leave E85 for down the road. Now is the time do to a ton of research and learn as much as you can about the platform!

Seriously, just drive the car for the next couple of months and get accustomed to it as it is! You may find that you don't need to do any major mods.

What tires are currently on the SSR rims? Did the car come with the stock rims as well? Are there any things under the hood or in the cockpit that look out of place/not factory?

This is my honest recommendation and I'm basing it on your previous cars that you've owned. The STi has a lot more power in stock form than the cars that you've had in the past. I strongly suggest you leave the car stock for now and just drive it and enjoy it.

A catback exhaust would be fine in stock form, but I believe sway bars and end links are a bigger bang for the buck, especially with exhaust prices these days. Don't get an intake, unless you're going to get a tune at the SAME time. The stock intake is capable of upwards of 400hp, so realistically, an intake isn't worth the money and CAN do more harm than good. Stick to 93 octane for now and leave E85 for down the road. Now is the time do to a ton of research and learn as much as you can about the platform!

Seriously, just drive the car for the next couple of months and get accustomed to it as it is! You may find that you don't need to do any major mods.

What tires are currently on the SSR rims? Did the car come with the stock rims as well? Are there any things under the hood or in the cockpit that look out of place/not factory?
As it sits the tires are 245/40 18

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If those are Kenda tires, please drive safely and don't do anything reckless..... Those are no name branded tires and I highly doubt they grip. Be careful and responsible.

I'm not sure what a "tyc" transmission is.

The engine bay looks stock from the picture you provided. Did you check if the air filter is clean and ALL fluids are clean/topped off?

If those are Kenda tires, please drive safely and don't do anything reckless..... Those are no name branded tires and I highly doubt they grip. Be careful and responsible.
Yes they are they have ok grip but they ain't that great. I ain't trying to fly in it until I now have to see if there has been a reflash since it has a 3" exhaust on it