Help! I got my first error code from my car (P0304)

sniperkill

I recently read a quote along the lines of: "It takes years to build trust and a split SECOND to lose it all."

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^my dad once told me,? TRUST is the easiest thing to lose, but the hardest thing to ever get back. Ain?t that the truth!

I'd recommend that anyone take at least an hour, at the very minimum, to dedicate to research before coming to a conclusion. People out there have agendas and don't care about others. They WILL take advantage of you if they see an opportunity.

I see this happening all too much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Your situation seems complicated, to say the least. :lol: So, what do you plan to do now?

sniperkill

Your situation seems complicated, to say the least. :lol: So, what do you plan to do now?

Welp Alin, right now my car seems to run fine. I drive my car like I?ve got some sense and take real good care of it, and hopefully she?ll treat me good too??? (I wish real women worked that way) so anyways, she?s running okay as long as I?m not driving around like im racing someone. I mean, as good as to be expected with a Cobb OTA tune right? I don?t drive like grandma, I usually don?t take the rpm?s over 4000, ever.... I drive like a normal person drives. Ever since this happened, I?ve been afraid to drive her hard anymore.

So for now, I?m thinking I probably should get rid of this crap cobb tune and try to get [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] to tune my car for me. Cuz I?ve heard in more forums than this one that he is the best when it comes to tuning a car. Most of his clientele say that it?s almost like [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] is there with you to tune your car in person. That?s how good [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] is, from what I hear and read.... hopefully [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] can shed some light on this misfire/overboosting issue?? Or even fix this issue from ever happening again!!! That would be a true blessing!!

sniperkill

Woah, woah, woah! Bluetooth for fog lights?!?! When the hell did that become a thing?! Can you take a video showing how it works?!!

Alright, then it seems like you're squared away for the next couple of months. You can still have fun driving normally! :tup: :lol:

Well it?s pretty easy to explain. The fog lights have a wire going from each of them to a little black box. This black box emits a Bluetooth signal. You then get your phone and download a application from the play store or app store that?s free. This app is from the makernof the fog lights ?Type S?. Once you download the app and set it up with which fog light you got. Then the app can connect to the Bluetooth signal to power your fog lights on and off. Also change the colors and function the strobe light effects and so forth..... pretty easy stuff...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Alright, then it's settled. You drive normally as you're currently doing. Please do as much research as you can in your spare time and soak up as much information as possible. You should monitor your car through logging as well just for peace of mind. I have no doubt the car is fine as long as you don't drive it hard. If you do end up going the e-tune route, please find the thread where Holycrapitsfast lists at great length of detail the preparations required in advanced because there's quite a bit. Some of it isn't exactly easy for a novice.

I know the Bluetooth concept seems trivial, but I just haven't seen it done on a car before nor have I seeked out information regarding if it's been done. I'm still wrapped up in the old ways, that's all. :lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thank you for reaching out to me. We have already scheduled a tune and I suspect that the tune is much of your issue. As others have explained, bad gas can complicate this so fill up at some other name brand gas station when you have a chance and use the highest octane available. I have seen this countless number of times. Believe it or not the Cobb OTS maps are quite good. Certainly better than stock. It is just that they have to accommodate a variety of different conditions in one all encompassing map for the masses so of course a pro-tune is going to be better provided the guy tuning it knows his shit. Far and few between these days.

You are likely just over boosting and not creeping. You could try a low waste gate OTS map or just wait till we get to tuning. If there really are any issues with your car we will discover them during the tuning process. If you are truly experiencing boost creep then that means there is to much flow through your waste gate and it can not keep up so the back pressure builds as boost increases. One way to solve this is to port the internal waste gate or go with and external 44mm waste gate. But don't do anything till we have a look.