Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  44
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help! I got my first error code from my car (P0304)

1. Top Of Page | #31
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Help! I got my first error code from my car (P0304)

THAT happened at AndrewTech?! holy shit...

A proper protune is always superior to any Off The Shelf tune. Always.

5 kids?! Awesome! We all have to turn around these declining birth rates in our country! Good on you!

Last edited by Batmobile_Engage; 03-02-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    My oath of enlistment has no expiration date.

Member Journal:
    https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/sho...Member-Journal

2. Thanks sniperkill thanked for this post
    Likes sniperkill liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Also, another quick question. I attached a pic of my oil dip stick and I was wondering where the full line is. There is (what I think to be) 2 full marks on my dip stick, and I’m positive someone on this forum will know the answer to my next question even before I ask it. So which one guy’s? The hole just above the “F”? Or the notch just above the hole just above the “F”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Pretty sure the hole, not the notch. Notch is what lets it click into place.

Check out my journal here!

5. Thanks sniperkill thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, sniperkill liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Help! I got my first error code from my car (P0304)

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Man, I'd go back to AndrewTech and ask to talk to the owner and explain everything. Ask for your money back and your car to be put back in its original condition. Thats a terrible experience!
    I would take it back if I could. It’s been too long I think. But yes, this was the CRAZIEST place I ever took my car to by far! And the thing that blew my mind the most, was that cheap ass cold air intake they tried to pawn off on me was just insulting! In addition to that, it’s also the fact that it seemed like they were trying to rip me off! Like either they forgot to order my Cobb SF CAI, or they straight up just didn’t give a crap! And so they didn’t look bad for whatever reason they had for not putting my Cobb SF CAI on my car, they put this cheap ol’ aluminum piece of pipe with a cone air filter on the end of it! It was like a slap in my face! think I have a pic of it, lemme look and if I do, I’ll post a pic of the POS intake they put on my car.

And all I did to deserve this treatment was walk into their showroom one day, I whipped out about $3000 in cash out of my back pocket, and I said I want a Turbo back TurboXS exhaust, with a Cobb SF CAI w/ cold air box, and a Accessport tuner V3. And I insisted on paying for everything in full at that point cuz I was afraid that if I kept the money in my pocket, I was afraid that I would spend it, lol... but I do have a receipt. I got that work done about 6 to 8 months ago. Thinking back on it I should have only paid the $200 deposit and paid the rest upon completion, and my being happy with everything. But I thought I could trust them cuz I did do research on them before I took my car to them. And I seen many good reviews and read a couple articles about them in the local paper. So naturally I thought I could trust these guy’s, you know?

7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Man, I'd go back to AndrewTech and ask to talk to the owner and explain everything. Ask for your money back and your car to be put back in its original condition. Thats a terrible experience!
    Tell me about it bro!

8. Top Of Page | #36
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

It's extremely unfortunate that you had such a bad experience. Let me ask you this, though. Why did you want the shop to work on your car instead of you, yourself, doing research beforehand? You could've also saved a ton of money in the process, especially if you were to find good deals on used parts and cutting out labor completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

9. Thanks sniperkill thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    It's extremely unfortunate that you had such a bad experience. Let me ask you this, though. Why did you want the shop to work on your car instead of you, yourself, doing research beforehand? You could've also saved a ton of money in the process, especially if you were to find good deals on used parts and cutting out labor completely.
    A lot of people pay others to work on their house or do their taxes. Some people don't have the time, the place to do it, or the means to make a mistake and have a car out of commission/ damaged while they continue working on it. I know a few people that fall into one of those reasons. I'll also note it can take some serious patience to source good used parts. You seem to love finding deals even 500 miles away Haha, but others like myself have the fatal flaw of wanting something quickly once we make up our mind...??

15 GBP STi

11. Thanks sniperkill thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, sniperkill liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #38
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    A lot of people pay others to work on their house or do their taxes. Some people don't have the time, the place to do it, or the means to make a mistake and have a car out of commission/ damaged while they continue working on it. I know a few people that fall into one of those reasons. I'll also note it can take some serious patience to source good used parts. You seem to love finding deals even 500 miles away Haha, but others like myself have the fatal flaw of wanting something quickly once we make up our mind...??
    Well, I'm adamant about who touches my car, and may be more anal than others. Even though I'm not as experienced as some others, I still have learned a metric ton of information over the years and have learned from others' mistakes. I just want people to research before they pull the trigger on something. At the end of the day, you can only trust YOURSELF!!! I recently read a quote along the lines of: "It takes years to build trust and a split SECOND to lose it all."

I'd recommend that anyone take at least an hour, at the very minimum, to dedicate to research before coming to a conclusion. People out there have agendas and don't care about others. They WILL take advantage of you if they see an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

13. Thanks sniperkill thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Yeah, that would’ve been nice but I really didn’t have the means to do any big jobs at the time, being all I have is a driveway, and limited tools. Also, imma stay at home dad and I stay home with my 5 children so I don’t have a lot of extra time.

If I had known that the guys working on my car were so “green”, I would have done it myself. See, there were 2 guys sitting up front when I walked into their showroom, and there was one guy who I did most of my talking to and while I was there, I didn’t get any red flags alerting me that perhaps they didn’t know much. But who am I to judge, they might know a lot. But I can say this, I went there the other day to get my exhaust bracket back that they left off. I was talking to that same guy, and I was asking him about my overboosting problem, and I mentioned to him that Cobb has 2 OTS maps on their website, one for a low wastegate and one for a high wastegate. And the dude continues talking and he said that I should use the “high” wastegate map for my overboosting problem. I said,” are you sure it’s the high wastegate map? He says,”yes”. So I said to the guy,” dude, your starting to scare me. Are you sure you know what the hell your talking about?”. And I said,” all these problems I’ve been having, the last time I was here you told me you extended my fuel pump line and had your protuner make some adjustments to my map. And I know for a fact that you guys didn’t do anything to my car AND YOU HAD IT ALL DAY, and you didn’t even take it to your protuner!” The guy didn’t know what to say, he walked into the back, got me my bracket and I walked out. They know what they did, and now they know that I know what they did! Anyways, that’s enuf venting. Sorry guy’s.

15. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    but others like myself have the fatal flaw of wanting something quickly once we make up our mind...??

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ is me all the way! I have no patience when it comes to my passions, lol....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast