New Rims for my 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

bluedreams84

I have been online window shopping for new rims for my blue 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Should I order this dark silver AR895 American Racing Wheels?

AR895-Darksilver-img-1.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Rims are always a subjective topic. It doesn't matter what I like because you may not agree. What I personally look for is the weight and construction of the rim. Of course, budget also plays a roll.

What is the intended use of the rims?
What size rims are you looking at?
What tires will be going on the rims?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I have been online window shopping for new rims for my blue 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. Should I order this dark silver AR895 American Racing Wheels?

As Alin said, it's like buying sunglasses or a sweater. Everyone's gonna have an opinion and you should care about none of them!

But I would pose a few questions as a decision guide:

1) will it fit? This is not a simple question: Are they the right diamater to fit in the wheel wells? Will they clear your brakes? Is the bolt pattern correct? Are they wide enough to fit tires you're looking at? Are they narrow enough to not rub? Is the offset within range given the width? Is the centerbore big enough?

2) Do you care how heavy/strong they are? If you're putting on itty bitty tires, the wheels need to be strong. If they're strong, are they also heavy...which negatively affects performance?

3) Have you seen them on any other car? Do you like the way they look?