Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  34
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 Sti Stock Stumbles in WOT

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 Sti Stock Stumbles in WOT

"this is bullshit" sorry I know it isn't funny for you and I wouldn't joke if it weren't covered under your warranty.

That is one I have never seen before. I'll be interested to hear what the final conclusions are.

15 GBP STi

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    "this is bullshit" sorry I know it isn't funny for you and I wouldn't joke if it weren't covered under your warranty.

That is one I have never seen before. I'll be interested to hear what the final conclusions are.
    lol! i somewhat felt relief when i saw that video! it does exactly what my car is doing! i was bummed out lmao it seemed like i was the only one experiencing that problem. trust me i searched first before i found this bombass page lol. i wonder what he did to the car or how he fixed it tho.

3. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye, IGOTASTi liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #53
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Wow, I have never seen that before either.... As if the engine doesn't want to rev?!?!

I really hope the ECU is at fault here and your car will behave normally after this is all said and done.

Make sure the dealership properly allows the new ECU to relearn the variables before going WOT after they install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

5. Top Of Page | #54
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ive had the same thing happen at a lower rom because of bad gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

:::::::::::::::::BIG UPDATE::::::::::::::::

- Finally took her home today. The culprit ? ECM/ECU was locked with open source tune. Warranty covered it with brand new ECM/ECU that came from japan. took about a week to come. Also, due to i bought the Sti not being certified, and i only had the car literally 8 days of possession after the sale, they certified the car ! Changed all plugs/coilpacks/FPG/ and did whatever else needed for a certified vehicle. Now no more hesitation whatsoever! car feels soo alive and alot faster than when i bought it!! now it makes sense why its somewhat “slow” compared to the certified used Sti from the other dealerships i test drove. To sum it all, i am very pleased and happy from all you guys’s help and morale support!! Thanks alot IGOTASTI !!

-Marc

7. Thanks IGOTASTi, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Deathharbinger19, IGOTASTi, Eagleye, Alin liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #56

Quote Originally Posted by SDblitz858 View Post

- Finally took her home today. The culprit ? ECM/ECU was locked with open source tune. Warranty covered it with brand new ECM/ECU that came from japan. took about a week to come. Also, due to i bought the Sti not being certified, and i only had the car literally 8 days of possession after the sale, they certified the car ! Changed all plugs/coilpacks/FPG/ and did whatever else needed for a certified vehicle. Now no more hesitation whatsoever! car feels soo alive and alot faster than when i bought it!! now it makes sense why its somewhat “slow” compared to the certified used Sti from the other dealerships i test drove. To sum it all, i am very pleased and happy from all you guys’s help and morale support!! Thanks alot IGOTASTI !!

-Marc
    Awesome to hear that the life has been brought back into congrats dude

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

9. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Eagleye liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #57
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Congrats man, enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Eagleye liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Glad they stepped up and fixed it!

Congrats and enjoy!! -

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

13. Likes Eagleye liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

Great end result, enjoy the car and don't be a stranger. We'd like to hear about all the good things going on from now on haha.

15 GBP STi

15. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #60
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SDblitz858 View Post

-Marc
    Fantastic! I'm happy that they managed to detect the ECU as the culprit. You got hell of a value in terms of a new ECU, spark plugs, coil packs, and FPG! Not too shabby for some down time!!!

Give us another update in about another week or so. I'm certain things will be well!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

17. Likes Eagleye liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456