Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

  1. Top Of Page | #1
    Tinkerer Eagleye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    As @Alin is already aware I am looking to pick up a used set of Volk ZE40 wheels for my car. I haven't checked what all widths they come in but I would prefer 8.5-9.0" with +38-42 offset. These are pricey new, cheapest I have seen was from a Japanese site with a 1 month lead time...seemed sketchy and is still over $2k. Hoping to find a set under $1,500. Finders fee in it for anyone that finds an undamaged set in that price. Thanks for any help in my search!

    15 GBP STi

  2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    You forgot to mention the size. Are you still looking for 19"?


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Tinkerer Eagleye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    I would be interested in either 18 or 19in for this particular wheel. 18 will be easier to find and cheaper. I can also keep a 40 sidewall which would be nice.

    15 GBP STi

  5. Top Of Page | #4
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    **** Now that I'm actually looking, what color rims do you want? I'm also seeing different "types" of Volk ZE40!****

    Alright, then let's figure out exactly what our options are here.

    18" rim, 8.5-9" width, +38-42ET offset. (I'm assuming this is the offset that clears your Brembo's?)


    Volk Racing ZE40 - 18x8.5" / 5x114.3 / +42ET
    https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...143-offset-42/

    Volk Racing ZE40 - 19x8.5" / 5x114.3 / +38ET
    https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...143-offset-38/

    I'm just using this site as a reference point. These are the only two options I found with your given parameters. So, we only have one size to work with if you go the 18" route. Is this the same conclusion you also came to or do you have other information?


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

  6. Top Of Page | #5
    Tinkerer Eagleye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    **** Now that I'm actually looking, what color rims do you want? I'm also seeing different "types" of Volk ZE40!****

    Alright, then let's figure out exactly what our options are here.

    18" rim, 8.5-9" width, +38-42ET offset. (I'm assuming this is the offset that clears your Brembo's?)


    Volk Racing ZE40 - 18x8.5" / 5x114.3 / +42ET
    https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...143-offset-42/

    Volk Racing ZE40 - 19x8.5" / 5x114.3 / +38ET
    https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...143-offset-38/

    I'm just using this site as a reference point. These are the only two options I found with your given parameters. So, we only have one size to work with if you go the 18" route. Is this the same conclusion you also came to or do you have other information?
    Yes, I believe that is all correct.

    Volk Racing ZE40 Wheel - 18x8.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +42
    or
    Volk Racing ZE40 Wheel - 19x8.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +38

    prefer Bronze (but for the right price I would take any of the finishes).

    15 GBP STi

  7. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    Alright, we know what to look for! Now, it's just a matter of time! We will be triumphant!


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

  9. Top Of Page | #7
    Tinkerer Eagleye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Alright, we know what to look for! Now, it's just a matter of time! We will be triumphant!
    Haha I appreciate your optimism and enthusiasm. I just started getting some quotes back from Jordan @ Defined for some other things, and he has me considering a carbon driveshaft with the good pricing...

    My list of wants is getting too big again!

    15 GBP STi

  10. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    Oh, no! The mod bug is biting HARDDD!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

  12. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9
    Tinkerer Eagleye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    @Alin if you happen to come across more of the SportMaxx RT tires cheap let me know!

    15 GBP STi

  14. Thanks IGOTASTi, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Alin liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: WTB: Volk ZE40 wheels

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    @Alin if you happen to come across more of the SportMaxx RT tires cheap let me know!
    @Eagleye

    Looks like you're in fucking luck!!!

    https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/w...839948175.html

    Offer him $150!

    There's another guy in Pittsburgh, but he's asking $375...


    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

  16. Thanks Eagleye thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •