New here and first time Subaru owner.

Valenz

I really appreciate the advice as I would rather not have to do anything over. I plan on keeping this car for a long time and would like to do things correct the first time around. Honestly I think the difference in cost from 450-500 whp is a lot and i was uncertain at first weather I should attempt it and the actual rewards of having 50 more HP. Like you were saying if I go the 500hp route I might as well go big 2000cc injectors, big turbo, huge FMIC and complete engine rebuild.

i already wated money on injectors, FP and my original tune if I look at it now. I guess my goals are something I need to think over and really take everything into account and maybe I will be hitting you up for that turbo.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I really appreciate the advice as I would rather not have to do anything over. I plan on keeping this car for a long time and would like to do things correct the first time around. Honestly I think the difference in cost from 450-500 whp is a lot and i was uncertain at first weather I should attempt it and the actual rewards of having 50 more HP. Like you were saying if I go the 500hp route I might as well go big 2000cc injectors, big turbo, huge FMIC and complete engine rebuild.

i already wated money on injectors, FP and my original tune if I look at it now. I guess my goals are something I need to think over and really take everything into account and maybe I will be hitting you up for that turbo.

Absolutely. Take your time researching, like months upon months. Put together a list of parts and start a prospective build thread that we can all go over and discuss. This will yield the best results in the long run.

^ And you can always sell some of that stuff used and recoup a little bit of the value. :tup:

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Got a budget in mind?

Regarding injectors, you generally want the smallest injectors that are "big enough" for your needs.
As for intercooler, you could always do a AWIC with the water exchanger where the TMIC is and the radiator where a FMIC usually is. That gives you the best of both worlds!
There's some reading in a member's journal starting here-ish: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/threads/352-George-s-cars-(Retired)/page78

And if you want to be REALLY crazy you could do a variable-geometry turbo (long-dead thread: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/th...-turbo-quot-VGT-quot-implementation-on-an-sti) Although I wonder if anything's changed...probably. Lots more wrecked 911s out there, good advances in materials science...hmmm