Money is no object

Ok so I've got a few questions or maybe future ideas. If I wanted to go with the most maximum build for my 2012 hatch. What would I need? Best companies for parts? Etc. this is a dream build. Maybe way into the future. Starting with billet block

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Ok so I've got a few questions or maybe future ideas. If I wanted to go with the most maximum build for my 2012 hatch. What would I need? Best companies for parts? Etc. this is a dream build. Maybe way into the future. Starting with billet block

This can mean many different things depending on what the car will be used for. As you will have different specs and needs for different types of racing. For example: in auto cross you want almost instant power/response and my not need that high power build that you would want on the drag strip. These are just two examples and far from a complete list of what our cars can do. Take some time and think about what you actually want to use the car for and let that be your starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This can mean many different things depending on what the car will be used for. As you will have different specs and needs for different types of racing. For example: in auto cross you want almost instant power/response and my not need that high power build that you would want on the drag strip. These are just two examples and far from a complete list of what our cars can do. Take some time and think about what you actually want to use the car for and let that be your starting point.

So I'm more of a road car person than I am a flat out straight line individual. Yes a drag strip is fun and all. But theres nothing like swinging through curves for me. Feeling the car hold a perfect line

So I'm more of a road car person than I am a flat out straight line individual. Yes a drag strip is fun and all. But theres nothing like swinging through curves for me. Feeling the car hold a perfect line

I can get behind that, then I would go with a quick Erving engine and a medium turbo. This is how I built/am building my engine. Lessen the rotational mass and increase throttle response/quickness of revs. Light weight crank, flywheel, harmonics balancer. Paired with a 20g turbo.

I can get behind that, then I would go with a quick Erving engine and a medium turbo. This is how I built/am building my engine. Lessen the rotational mass and increase throttle response/quickness of revs. Light weight crank, flywheel, harmonics balancer. Paired with a 20g turbo.

So a ground up build like that, what would it run if I bought it all out right

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Yeah there's definitely a bunch of different philosophies around a perfect engine build. Some people want to rev to 10k and beyond! But then the car feels anemic anywhere else in the rev range. Some people want instant grunt everywhere, so a relatively smaller turbo and lower RPMs.

But you talk about through the curves...that's suspension baby! Engine just connects the curves a little quicker ;)

You thought of a money-no-object suspension build?

Yeah there's definitely a bunch of different philosophies around a perfect engine build. Some people want to rev to 10k and beyond! But then the car feels anemic anywhere else in the rev range. Some people want instant grunt everywhere, so a relatively smaller turbo and lower RPMs.

But you talk about through the curves...that's suspension baby! Engine just connects the curves a little quicker ;)

You thought of a money-no-object suspension build?
O yes ast 3 way coilovers all Cusco links, arms, bars, etc. As per braking I haven't really started that hunt yet but it's coming

Grinder34

Track Monkey
O yes ast 3 way coilovers all Cusco links, arms, bars, etc. As per braking I haven't really started that hunt yet but it's coming

You can do even more than that! *Lots* of bushings can be stiffened up, myriad chassis braces...and there are even other exotic things like the LIC geometry-correcting knuckles for lowered vehicles.

You can do even more than that! *Lots* of bushings can be stiffened up, myriad chassis braces...and there are even other exotic things like the LIC geometry-correcting knuckles for lowered vehicles.
When it comes to the braces and so on still running through all I could do to it if I had the funds I do really like the fact of being able to rebuild those ast coils and have a remote resovoir

I'll give those LIC a look

What is it that you like about your suspension choices?
As far as it goes right now the only one Ive personally researched is the coilovers. I'm still getting use to what the top of the line stuff is and the good stuff that I can afford lol

The ast looks quite durable and the rebuild able option sounds awesome but in reality for $6k I think I could build the suspension for what I would need it for

Anyone know anything about vivid racing transmission rebuilds. Looking into quicker Accel with super handling figured a gear set would be a great thing to look into