Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money is no object

1. Top Of Page | #1

Money is no object

Ok so I've got a few questions or maybe future ideas. If I wanted to go with the most maximum build for my 2012 hatch. What would I need? Best companies for parts? Etc. this is a dream build. Maybe way into the future. Starting with billet block

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Money is no object

Quote Originally Posted by Deathharbinger19 View Post
    Ok so I've got a few questions or maybe future ideas. If I wanted to go with the most maximum build for my 2012 hatch. What would I need? Best companies for parts? Etc. this is a dream build. Maybe way into the future. Starting with billet block

This can mean many different things depending on what the car will be used for. As you will have different specs and needs for different types of racing. For example: in auto cross you want almost instant power/response and my not need that high power build that you would want on the drag strip. These are just two examples and far from a complete list of what our cars can do. Take some time and think about what you actually want to use the car for and let that be your starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock on

3. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Raven32 View Post
    This can mean many different things depending on what the car will be used for. As you will have different specs and needs for different types of racing. For example: in auto cross you want almost instant power/response and my not need that high power build that you would want on the drag strip. These are just two examples and far from a complete list of what our cars can do. Take some time and think about what you actually want to use the car for and let that be your starting point.

So I'm more of a road car person than I am a flat out straight line individual. Yes a drag strip is fun and all. But theres nothing like swinging through curves for me. Feeling the car hold a perfect line

4. Likes Boogieman98 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So I'm more of a road car person than I am a flat out straight line individual. Yes a drag strip is fun and all. But theres nothing like swinging through curves for me. Feeling the car hold a perfect line

I can get behind that, then I would go with a quick Erving engine and a medium turbo. This is how I built/am building my engine. Lessen the rotational mass and increase throttle response/quickness of revs. Light weight crank, flywheel, harmonics balancer. Paired with a 20g turbo.

Rock on

6. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by Raven32 View Post
    I can get behind that, then I would go with a quick Erving engine and a medium turbo. This is how I built/am building my engine. Lessen the rotational mass and increase throttle response/quickness of revs. Light weight crank, flywheel, harmonics balancer. Paired with a 20g turbo.

So a ground up build like that, what would it run if I bought it all out right

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

So a ground up build like that, what would it run if I bought it all out right

Let me start pricing my last free years od this build.

Rock on

8. Thanks Deathharbinger19 thanked for this post
    Likes Deathharbinger19 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yeah there's definitely a bunch of different philosophies around a perfect engine build. Some people want to rev to 10k and beyond! But then the car feels anemic anywhere else in the rev range. Some people want instant grunt everywhere, so a relatively smaller turbo and lower RPMs.

But you talk about through the curves...that's suspension baby! Engine just connects the curves a little quicker

You thought of a money-no-object suspension build?

Check out my journal here!

10. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Yeah there's definitely a bunch of different philosophies around a perfect engine build. Some people want to rev to 10k and beyond! But then the car feels anemic anywhere else in the rev range. Some people want instant grunt everywhere, so a relatively smaller turbo and lower RPMs.

But you talk about through the curves...that's suspension baby! Engine just connects the curves a little quicker

You thought of a money-no-object suspension build?
    O yes ast 3 way coilovers all Cusco links, arms, bars, etc. As per braking I haven't really started that hunt yet but it's coming

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

O yes ast 3 way coilovers all Cusco links, arms, bars, etc. As per braking I haven't really started that hunt yet but it's coming

What is it that you like about your suspension choices?

15 GBP STi

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

You can do even more than that! *Lots* of bushings can be stiffened up, myriad chassis braces...and there are even other exotic things like the LIC geometry-correcting knuckles for lowered vehicles.

Check out my journal here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast