New To Subaru 2019 STi

ETA for 2019 Subaru WRX STi Limited, WR Blue, 03/27/2019. I made room for my current daily driver.

Some things to get started.
- Fumoto Drain Plug
- IAG Street Air/Oil Separator
- Kartboy Short Shifter w/bushings
- F1 style brake light
- Rally Armor mud flaps
- PTP Turbo Blanket
- Kill B Oil Pan w/baffle and sump
- Black power coated SS license plate surround (Auto Frame Shop, Etsy)
- Round, weighted, SS shift knob (handmade @ Lathewerks.com)
- Weathertech floor and trunk liners

Asked dealer not to prep the car, just inspection. Notorious W.A.X. (www.notoriouswax.com) will prep the car. Two Guys Window Tinting (www.twoguyswindowtinting.com) will apply clear bra, partial hood, mirror, and headlight film. Back to Notorious for ceramic paint coat. Planning to post many pics.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Re: NewToSubaru 2019 STi

I?m looking forward to the pictures and seeing your car progress. Looks like a nice start before the car has even arrived!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

Subscribed!

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Nice! If you're already doing oil pan, definitely add in the oil pickup.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Is 3/27 when you finally take it from the dealership, or when the prep/tint/film etc... will be done and you're ready to ride?

ETA to dealer is 03/27. They said it could be a couple of days either way.

Typically they would prep and I would pick up the next day. I asked them to let me know when the truck arrives. My goal is to follow it from the truck to inspection. With no prep except taking it out of delivery mode, I should be able to take it that day.

Notorious WAX is expecting it. One of my Sons best friends. He will take off the shipping material and prepare for tint and clear bra.

Two guys is just down the way. They will need it a whole day. Back to Natorious for ceramic coat. Realistically, it will be ready for pick up early the next week.

I have confirmation from Subaru that it is on shore and moving across country to the distribution center via train.

Taking my mind off waiting watching videos on how to install the oil pan and pickup. A whole day under the car. Something to look forward to at 1k miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
ETA to dealer is 03/27. They said it could be a couple of days either way.

Typically they would prep and I would pick up the next day. I asked them to let me know when the truck arrives. My goal is to follow it from the truck to inspection. With no prep except taking it out of delivery mode, I should be able to take it that day.

Notorious WAX is expecting it. One of my Sons best friends. He will take off the shipping material and prepare for tint and clear bra.

Two guys is just down the way. They will need it a whole day. Back to Natorious for ceramic coat. Realistically, it will be ready for pick up early the next week.

I have confirmation from Subaru that it is on shore and moving across country to the distribution center via train.

Taking my mind off waiting watching videos on how to install the oil pan and pickup. A whole day under the car. Something to look forward to at 1k miles.

Nah, definitely not a whole day!

Check out this how-to i did a few years back:
https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/threads/4274-Easy-Oil-Pickup-Install

This is just what I need. Should have thought to check our forum for a better solution. Thanks!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The day is nearing closer and closer!!! :tup:

Delivery update from my dealer:

"I sent a note about all the imports at Chicago that have seemingly slowed this morning and got this: ?The railroads are starting to get railcars moving again but many are still delayed or moving very slowly through the flooding areas here in the Midwest.?

Sounds like they?re working on getting units to retailers ASAP but we don?t have a timetable"

On the up side, better that the floods stopped the train rather than the cars on the train being flooded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Received this message from Subaru yesterday. "Your Subaru WRX has reached your local distribution center and is almost home."

Dealer said normally it would be 3-5 days out. With the flood backup, the timing is less predictable. More to come.

Then delivered it to Notorious W.A.X. for initial prep for window tint and clear bra at Two Guys. Then back to Notorious for ceramic coat paint protection.

I will post more pictures as they are available. Hoping to get progress pictures over the next week.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Sweet, you finally got it! Congrats!

You should start a member journal and give us feedback on quality of bra, tint, and ceramic coat paint. Also, driving impressions, thoughts, theories, suggestions, comments, feedbacks, and opinions on the car in EVERY aspect! :fuji: What you like, don't like, and so on and so forth! :tup:

Phase 1 - Complete
Take off stickers, wash, clay bar

Phase 2 - In progress
Window Tint
Clear bra, mirrors, headlights

Phase 3 - Ceramic paint protection