Worst bang for your buck?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
There are always questions asking for the best bang for your buck when it comes to modding. So I ask what are the mods you feel are the worst bang for your buck?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Anything you dont like, or come to regret...

Turbo timers
-30 degress camber

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Only one thing comes to mind. It was my old MINI that i put on wheels that made a lot of sense on paper, but kinda looked terrible on the actual car. The MINI was all curves and the wheels were very angular. They were light and i got a smoking deal, but I didnt like them. I dont think I admited that until after i bent two of them beyond repair on the pothole of nightmares.

One of the only pics I can find of the car with the wheels. They're dirty cuz I'm at the track, so dont judge!

me1.jpg

Eagleye

Tinkerer
That?s cool, I had an 06 S for a little while before I got back into an STi. I put cheap/non track wheels on mine but I really liked them on the street with the Indy 500 tires. That was a fun car. Guy I sold it too wrecked it about 6 months later...but at least he made it 6 months unlike when I sold the 06 STi and the kid blew it up 2 days later. Both make me sad. Honestly selling the 06 STi to that 19 year old is probably my biggest car regret.

In terms of mods...I have bought a few things that I ended up having to sell having never installed them. That is probably my worst bang for the buck ?buying things that never actually get installed?. Haha.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That?s cool, I had an 06 S for a little while before I got back into an STi. I put cheap/non track wheels on mine but I really liked them on the street with the Indy 500 tires. That was a fun car. Guy I sold it too wrecked it about 6 months later...but at least he made it 6 months unlike when I sold the 06 STi and the kid blew it up 2 days later. Both make me sad. Honestly selling the 06 STi to that 19 year old is probably my biggest car regret.

In terms of mods...I have bought a few things that I ended up having to sell having never installed them. That is probably my worst bang for the buck ?buying things that never actually get installed?. Haha.

That is, unless you sell them for a profit!! :tup: :lol:

Worst bang for your buck, huh? Well, when I bought my car, it had an Injen CAI and a TurboXS BOV installed with a sock tune... So, being an ignorant kid and not researching, I drove like that for about a year or so before I got a Cobb AP. Then I sold the Injen CAI and bought a stock intake. I can't recall buying something myself that negatively impacted my car... After 2013/2014 when I actually started seeking out proper information as to what works and what doesn't, I haven't had any hiccups in this regard. There is a lot of misinformation you have to sift through when you begin the journey.

I'd say the worst bang for your buck is naivety, ignorance, and not doing YOUR OWN due diligence of research.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Big gay dragon decals, neons, VTA BOV (on an otherwise stock engine), Hella Supertones (guilty as charged :lol:), three 12's taking up the entire trunk and rattling your license plate, "stance nation" ride height and camber, flat-brimmed baseball hats.

Am I off in the right direction? :unsure:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Every time I see this shit, I think to myself: CAMBER ALERT!

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-27%20at%208_23_00%20PM(1).png