Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Worst bang for your buck?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Worst bang for your buck?

There are always questions asking for the best bang for your buck when it comes to modding. So I ask what are the mods you feel are the worst bang for your buck?

15 GBP STi

2. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Worst bang for your buck?

Anything you dont like, or come to regret...

Turbo timers
    -30 degress camber

Check out my journal here!

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Anything you dont like, or come to regret...

Turbo timers
    -30 degress camber
    haha have you ever put something on your car you regret?

15 GBP STi

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Only one thing comes to mind. It was my old MINI that i put on wheels that made a lot of sense on paper, but kinda looked terrible on the actual car. The MINI was all curves and the wheels were very angular. They were light and i got a smoking deal, but I didnt like them. I dont think I admited that until after i bent two of them beyond repair on the pothole of nightmares.

One of the only pics I can find of the car with the wheels. They're dirty cuz I'm at the track, so dont judge!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	7698

Check out my journal here!

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That’s cool, I had an 06 S for a little while before I got back into an STi. I put cheap/non track wheels on mine but I really liked them on the street with the Indy 500 tires. That was a fun car. Guy I sold it too wrecked it about 6 months later...but at least he made it 6 months unlike when I sold the 06 STi and the kid blew it up 2 days later. Both make me sad. Honestly selling the 06 STi to that 19 year old is probably my biggest car regret.

In terms of mods...I have bought a few things that I ended up having to sell having never installed them. That is probably my worst bang for the buck “buying things that never actually get installed”. Haha.

15 GBP STi

7. Top Of Page | #6
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    That’s cool, I had an 06 S for a little while before I got back into an STi. I put cheap/non track wheels on mine but I really liked them on the street with the Indy 500 tires. That was a fun car. Guy I sold it too wrecked it about 6 months later...but at least he made it 6 months unlike when I sold the 06 STi and the kid blew it up 2 days later. Both make me sad. Honestly selling the 06 STi to that 19 year old is probably my biggest car regret.

In terms of mods...I have bought a few things that I ended up having to sell having never installed them. That is probably my worst bang for the buck “buying things that never actually get installed”. Haha.

That is, unless you sell them for a profit!!

Worst bang for your buck, huh? Well, when I bought my car, it had an Injen CAI and a TurboXS BOV installed with a sock tune... So, being an ignorant kid and not researching, I drove like that for about a year or so before I got a Cobb AP. Then I sold the Injen CAI and bought a stock intake. I can't recall buying something myself that negatively impacted my car... After 2013/2014 when I actually started seeking out proper information as to what works and what doesn't, I haven't had any hiccups in this regard. There is a lot of misinformation you have to sift through when you begin the journey.

I'd say the worst bang for your buck is naivety, ignorance, and not doing YOUR OWN due diligence of research.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

8. Thanks Eagleye thanked for this post
    Likes Eagleye liked this post