Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This Setup Good?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Is This Setup Good?

I'm glad the car's ok after your CEL issues!

Definitely pick up even a cheap-o OBDII scanner, its worth it to be able to read even generic codes sometimes!

As for heat, as Alin said, some wrap or a headshield, wrap, turbo blanket will help, but since you've got an FMIC now, i dont think it's as big an issue as with the TMIC. You can install a "radiator shroud" to help direct all the air through the FMIC/radiator. Other than that, engines just get hot...

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

2. Thanks jimoblivion, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes jimoblivion, Alin, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    I'm glad the car's ok after your CEL issues!

Definitely pick up even a cheap-o OBDII scanner, its worth it to be able to read even generic codes sometimes!

As for heat, as Alin said, some wrap or a headshield, wrap, turbo blanket will help, but since you've got an FMIC now, i dont think it's as big an issue as with the TMIC. You can install a "radiator shroud" to help direct all the air through the FMIC/radiator. Other than that, engines just get hot...
    Are radiator shrouds worth their price, and are they effective enough to warrant as a "must buy?"

Full disclosure: my car came with a Cusco shroud and it's been on ever since, and I never questioned or looked into the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

4. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Definitely wrap your header, up pipe and (if desired) the first ~20" of your downpipe from the turbo on down. A turbo blanket isn't really necessary, but can help substantially. Do you have the turbo heat shield in place? Lots of people find that the heat shield doesn't fit anymore after installing an aftermarket downpipe. But instead of tossing it aside, trim it with an angle grinder and it will fit again. I've been able to fit the factory shield--trimmed--back on across 2 different aftermarket downpipes and 2 different aftermarket turbos. So it's pretty easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

6. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12