Standing, Sitting, or Kneeling?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
For the people who have a desk job or just sit down for prolonged periods of time, what is your preferred method of being stationary and why? Have you attempted the alternatives? What have you uncovered?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Standing with a special desk and mat for the feet.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
We have desks at work with motors to move them up and down. I've pretty much never used them and prefer to sit, with occasional walks around the office. I see others with them in the standing position though, so I guess its all down to preference

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] , what mat do you use and how does it help?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
We have desks at work with motors to move them up and down. I've pretty much never used them and prefer to sit, with occasional walks around the office. I see others with them in the standing position though, so I guess its all down to preference

I?m with you on this one. I sit at a desk all day but break it up with walks to the break room and talks with a buddy about Subarus. I had to resort to kneeling when I went through some serious back issues a few years back. I never really mentioned this at the time, but it is part of the reason I sold my 06 (@holycrapitsfast old car)...my back and sciatica were so bad I couldn?t drive a stick shift, especially one with a stiff clutch.

I have sat at a desk for many years, best thing is to move around as often as practical. Do some stretching as well. Dont eat between meals and exercise at least 3 times a week.

We moved office buildings this past November and have adjustable desks so now I stand when I can. Someone in my office with back trouble said their chiropractor believes 30 sitting, 30 standing is best.

Do what works best for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk