Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Standing, Sitting, or Kneeling?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Standing, Sitting, or Kneeling?

For the people who have a desk job or just sit down for prolonged periods of time, what is your preferred method of being stationary and why? Have you attempted the alternatives? What have you uncovered?

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

2. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Standing, Sitting, or Kneeling?

Standing with a special desk and mat for the feet.

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

We have desks at work with motors to move them up and down. I've pretty much never used them and prefer to sit, with occasional walks around the office. I see others with them in the standing position though, so I guess its all down to preference

Check out my journal here!

6. Thanks IGOTASTi, Alin thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Alin liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

@IGOTASTi , what mat do you use and how does it help?

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    We have desks at work with motors to move them up and down. I've pretty much never used them and prefer to sit, with occasional walks around the office. I see others with them in the standing position though, so I guess its all down to preference
    I’m with you on this one. I sit at a desk all day but break it up with walks to the break room and talks with a buddy about Subarus. I had to resort to kneeling when I went through some serious back issues a few years back. I never really mentioned this at the time, but it is part of the reason I sold my 06 (@holycrapitsfast old car)...my back and sciatica were so bad I couldn’t drive a stick shift, especially one with a stiff clutch.

15 GBP STi

9. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have sat at a desk for many years, best thing is to move around as often as practical. Do some stretching as well. Dont eat between meals and exercise at least 3 times a week.

We moved office buildings this past November and have adjustable desks so now I stand when I can. Someone in my office with back trouble said their chiropractor believes 30 sitting, 30 standing is best.

Do what works best for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post