I?m having a problem getting my tuners map onto my Accessport 003.

sniperkill

SOLVED

Okay. I had HolyCrapitsFast make me a map for my car and he said to flash it to my car but every time I put the map on my Accessport, my Accessport says,? the map cant be read?? So what am I doing wrong here? I was trying to use a Mac computer (which I know nothing about) so I?m not sure if I corrupted the file or not when I downloaded the file.

What Im hoping for is someone that has had HolyCrapItsFast tune their car that can enlighten me in what I?m doing wrong and educate me on how they got the tune onto their Accessport?

SOLVED: It was something I was doing wrong with the file before I put it on my Accessport. Something about zipping up the file. But the problem was on my end, go figure right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey

sniperkill

Yes, lol... I was using Accessport Manager. I followed the steps to the ?T?. And my Accessport still said,? the Accessport cant read the map?. Somehow the file is either getting corrupted during my downloading it, or the file is corrupt even before I download it. The thing is, is that the file size says 11875kb but after I download it the file size is 7kb or 8kb. I was using my phone to download the file, then I followed the steps in which you linked in the post I quoted. And after downloading the file, the file size says 7 or 8kb. Should I not be using my phone to download the file? How did everyone else transfer the file to their Accessport?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Isn't Accessport Manager a computer only program? Use your computer to download the map. Phones don't always behave like a laptop/desktop.

sniperkill

Isn't Accessport Manager a computer only program? Use your computer to download the map. Phones don't always behave like a laptop/desktop.

Yes, Accessport Manager is a PC designed application. I know all too well that phones don?t always act like computers. Although I have no idea on why that is but it is what it is.

The whole problem is, is that my computer just took a crap on me, and it?s a Windows computer, the computer I tried downloading the map on the other day was a Mac computer and it wasn?t mine so my friend his laptop password protected when it dealt with installing, downloading, and running programs. And while I don?t blame him, his computer wouldn?t let me download the map file I need so that?s why I tried to download it to my phone, which didn?t work. So now I?m off to try to find someone that will let me use their Windows computer to do what I need to do on it to get the map file I need.

I have to wait about 2 weeks before I?m gonna be able to afford another cheap computer.....

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can't you find a cheap $20-50 laptop with Windows XP or Windows 7 on Craigslist? My first tuning laptop cost me $20. :lol:

sniperkill

Can't you find a cheap $20-50 laptop with Windows XP or Windows 7 on Craigslist? My first tuning laptop cost me $20. :lol:

Yup. That?s what imma do there good buddy. I?m picking one up probably later tonight or tomorrow. Me and HCIF found the problem on why my AP wouldn?t read the map. It was something I was doing wrong, lol. Something about zipping up the file or something.

Sorry for all the REALLY DUMB NOOB questions guys. I promise to think a little more before I post... Thanks so much guys for all the help, and patience with me...

Eagleye

Tinkerer
No worries dude. We've all been there.

Yeah It's just like anything else, there is a learning curve. Having an understanding of the mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and computer based systems takes time and experience. For me having my first Subaru be one with a blown motor taught me a ton as I got to disassemble, learn about all of the parts, reassemble, and see the tuning process right off the bat. Well that and having this community and Holy to lean on certainly helped!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
It's beneficial to ask questions and avoid a catastrophe than to not ask and experience it first hand! Learn from OTHER PEOPLE'S mistakes as much as you can!