Strong oil smell

I just had a longish drive about an hour. I was mostly cruising nothing crazy. Except for about 3.5 miles on a mountain but still not super hard on it. I got ready to pull up a road that fairly steep and the car lurched pretty hard. Harder than a stall lurch but I was still running. And once I stopped and let the car idle for a minute or two I opened the door and had a strong burnt oil smell I'm changing the oil in it tomorrow cause it's that time. Just wondering what it could be. Only 54k on engine if that helps

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Eagleye

Tinkerer
you mentioned "except for about 3.5 miles on a mountain" were you lugging the motor at all in 5th/6th? Or was the car turning hard a lot during that time?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Any visual oil leaks under the hood and car? Does it still smell like oil now?

you mentioned "except for about 3.5 miles on a mountain" were you lugging the motor at all in 5th/6th? Or was the car turning hard a lot during that time?
I never lug the or kick in 5-6th gear. And hard turning yes but nothing to break traction on the cheap kendras I have

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Did you check the oil dipstick to check if the oil level is the same or if it has changed?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Alright, interesting. Where was the smell coming from? Inside the cockpit, outside the car, under the hood, by the turbo, etc?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I want to say that it could be potential turbo blow by, but wait for others to chime in and confirm. I have experienced what you're describing before and if I recall correctly, it was turbo blow by, which is unfortunately common with these turbos.