Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich idle and -25 correction

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Rich idle and -25 correction

My car had been having an issue with dying whenever I slow down to a stop and push in the clutch. Today it died and I went to start it back up and it usually starts right back up with no issues, but today it started up but my idle was pegged at 11.1 (as low as my ap can read) and my afr correction 1 was pegged at -25. The car was nearly impossible to drive and died three more times on the way home. I was hoping it was just bad gas so I limped it to a station but this had little to no effect on the issue. Any ideas on this one? I was thinking vacuum leak but that would make it lean out and add fuel correct?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

3. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Rich idle and -25 correction

Any engine codes or smoke? My initial thoughts would be looking for leaks post MAF and questioning the condition of the o2 sensors.

15 GBP STi

5. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Any engine codes or smoke? My initial thoughts would be looking for leaks post MAF and questioning the condition of the o2 sensors.
    The car has been throwing codes for the rear O2 for a couple months now because I dont have the harness to the rear sensor. But since this issue just happened im not sure that its related. No smoke though besides a little oil on startup.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I had something similar like this happening before. I had an exhaust leak in the flex portion of my uppipe(Grimspeed warrantied it) and a intake leak in the coupler from intercooler to intake. Now which one caused the issue I'm not sure but did almost exactly what your describing. Oh and this was on engine number three right after install

8. Thanks _Broken_WRX_, sniperkill thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman98 View Post
    I had something similar like this happening before. I had an exhaust leak in the flex portion of my uppipe(Grimspeed warrantied it) and a intake leak in the coupler from intercooler to intake. Now which one caused the issue I'm not sure but did almost exactly what your describing. Oh and this was on engine number three right after install

My intercooler was pulled a month or so to swap my transmission and it hasnt made full boost since then. Im thinking there is just a huge leak somewhere but I cant seem to find it.

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by _Broken_WRX_ View Post
    The car has been throwing codes for the rear O2 for a couple months now because I dont have the harness to the rear sensor. But since this issue just happened im not sure that its related. No smoke though besides a little oil on startup.

Yeah when this came up before I thought we came to the conclusion that you needed to disable the rear o2. Does the problem persist if you reset the ECU? Whether it is linked to this problem or not, you should address this issue by fixing it or disabling it. If you continue to run the car in that rich of a condition you could kill the cat and cause other internal engine damage.

It will be difficult to further diagnose this issue until the o2 sensor is taken care of. Look for others to chime in though as they may have had different experiences.

15 GBP STi

11. Thanks _Broken_WRX_ thanked for this post
    Likes _Broken_WRX_ liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Ive tried clearing the code and it doesent really seem to do anything. Im having a hard time finding the right part for the rear O2 I tried to make a harness for it and its getting signal from the rear sensor but its still throwing the code for some reason. Subaru is supposed to have the part I need back in stock by may though so I will get it as soon as I can.

13. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Im going to clean my MAF today but Im not sure what that will really do for me.

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by _Broken_WRX_ View Post
    Ive tried clearing the code and it doesent really seem to do anything. Im having a hard time finding the right part for the rear O2 I tried to make a harness for it and its getting signal from the rear sensor but its still throwing the code for some reason. Subaru is supposed to have the part I need back in stock by may though so I will get it as soon as I can.

Clearing the code is not what I mean. Clearing the code just means you don't have a code but does nothing to the car or any systems. You need to do an ECU reset to reset the fuel trim learning. And disabling the rear o2 input would also require different steps than just clearing the code. If the AFR looks good after a reset I would think this problem is mainly coming from that o2 sensor. Even if you choose not to reset the ECU now, I would be doing it after installing the new harness so the computer is starting fresh and making adjustments from a good starting point.

15 GBP STi

15. Thanks _Broken_WRX_ thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast