JDM Engine

jimoblivion

I was looking for shortblocks w/forged internals on ebay and ran into a JDM 2015 STI engine. It has the ECU computer and all. Will that swap over into a USDM 2015 STI?

jimoblivion

Yes, the JDM is 2.0, I'm wondering if it's a direct fit swap. I wouldn't change the heads out, but my heads are 2.5. The engine on ebay is complete, it includes the turbo, intake/exhaust manifold, intercooler the whole shabang.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
O ok, you mentioned looking for shortblocks so I wasn't sure. I've seen conflicting info posted on other forums about this kind of swap. I will have to pass this one off to other members...maybe [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] has some experience or thoughts on this?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
From what I've read and seen in the past, you would need the entire assembly in order for the swap to be a direct plug and play. If the Ebay set does in fact include everything (entire engine, intake manifold, TMIC, exhaust manifold, and ECU), then it would be a direct plug and play. Are the 2015+ models twin scroll like the previous models?

jimoblivion

Yes, it has all of that included. I'm not sure if you mean my turbo, but I don't believe the vf48 is twin scoll, but I've been reading and the turbo for the ej207 v10 is.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I was referring to the JDM 2015+ engines. I'm familiar with the V7-V9, but not after. That listing doesn't mention or picture the ECU. You'd need the JDM ECU as well for it to run. You also have to ensure that USDM TBE mate with those twin scroll turbos as I'm not certain.

Also, this listing says the application is intended for 2008-2014 STi's. Make sure you do heavy research!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I STRONGLY recommend you do heavy research on, well, essentially EVERYTHING! :lol: Always ask questions too! It's smarter to play it safe than to commit mistakes! Learn as much as you can from other's mistakes and you'll have a much better experience than 90% of people! :tup: