2015 STI AWD Warning Light Issues

Daisy Spice

Hi,

My AWD warning light is giving me issues.:tard: I drive my car to work in the morning and all is good. I start driving after work and the AWD light flashes, so I pull over and turn off engine. Start the engine again and start to drive and it stays off. EVERYDAY this happens. My tire pressures are all good and today I took it in for a wheel alignment. Some tires were out but all is now aligned. I drive it off the lot and the light starts to flash.:tard: I turn off the car, start it again and the light stays off. Are there censers somewhere that may need changing out I dont know about??:roll:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/threads/9828-AWD-LIGHT-FLASHING-2015-WRX-STi

Looks like from this past thread, it was related to the tire pressures. What PSI did you set all four tires to after you checked that one was off?

Edit: Now that I think about it, it's most likely a fail safe system built into the 2015+ models. For the Subaru AWD system to function correctly, your tires must all be within 2/32nd tread of each other. (Example: front tires at 9/32nd, rear tires at 10/32nd tread.) Tire PSI would definitely have causation in that revolution cycle. I'm assuming it's a sensor detecting that the revolutions between all four wheels are greater than 2/32nd tread with PSI factored in.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Yeah, ditto on the tread depth issue. You can check with a penny, if they're all up to the same place on his head you're good on that front. If not, that could definitely be the issue.