2018 Sti I JACKED UP THE CAR FROM REAR DIFF BRACE. PLEASE HELP.

SDblitz858

SUP YALL!, 2018 STI here.

I am aware of the rear jack point on the rear which is the rear differential . Now my question is, I accidentally jacked up the car on the rear differential brace since a few of my friends said either at the rear diff or the brace. Am I totally fine or am I suppose to worry on something here? I mean nothing happened after I jacked it up, its just that I want to hear from you guys also since you guys helped me out before when I had a problem on my car.

Just want to know how bad is it.

Thank you so much and I appreciate you guys.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Do you have a picture?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
You should be fine. The rear diff isn't the best place to jack up the rear end, but many of us have done it safely, myself included. I suppose the rear diff brace would be okay, but I usually center the jack---with a block of soft wood on it---in the middle of the rear diff. Make damn sure the car is in gear and the front wheels chocked (unless they are off the ground of course) and try not too lift the car too far by the rear diff. I usually use that location just to raise the rear end enough to get jack stands in there, then lower the jack and complete the lift from a different location.

I don't think you hurt anything if you didn't notice any obvious concerns.

SDblitz858

You should be fine. The rear diff isn't the best place to jack up the rear end, but many of us have done it safely, myself included. I suppose the rear diff brace would be okay, but I usually center the jack---with a block of soft wood on it---in the middle of the rear diff. Make damn sure the car is in gear and the front wheels chocked (unless they are off the ground of course) and try not too lift the car too far by the rear diff. I usually use that location just to raise the rear end enough to get jack stands in there, then lower the jack and complete the lift from a different location.

Hey! THX FOR The reply! yea being new to this platform is making me think twice before I do something lol. it drives me nuts.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!

This! I ALWAYS use a block of wood with my jack lifts for every mounting point on every car! I've lifted my STi from the rear differential countless times. Just ensure you have tire blockers or even a pieces of wood to keep the car in place. I'd also highly recommend you place a jack stand, or two, for safety, especially when the entire rear end of the car is up in the air.

SDblitz858

This! I ALWAYS use a block of wood with my jack lifts for every mounting point on every car! I've lifted my STi from the rear differential countless times. Just ensure you have tire blockers or even a pieces of wood to keep the car in place. I'd also highly recommend you place a jack stand, or two, for safety, especially when the entire rear end of the car is up in the air.

hey thanks for the reply, I use the front jack plate point just behind the oil pan lifting the whole front, then put jackstands on left and right pinch welds. Then I lift the rear end by the rear differential BRACE.my floor jack have a huge thick rubber jack pad. But il probably start jackng up the rear by under rear diff now. I was just wondering if the reardiff brace was safe to jack the rear end from