Best rotors and pads brands

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Yes, post a review in the review section please. I am trying to expand that area of the forum. Nice to have an unbiased resource for members to rely on.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Does anyone have anything to add to this topic? I'm thinking my next work on the 15 is going to be rotors, pads, lines, and fluid.

Being honest I don't see a lot of track time for me anytime soon but I like the look of slotted rotors. I don't care if pads are dusty but I prefer them to be quiet. If there are no clear cut favorites for this application I'll probably just get Jordans opinion since I'll be ordering through him.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Does anyone have anything to add to this topic? I'm thinking my next work on the 15 is going to be rotors, pads, lines, and fluid.

Being honest I don't see a lot of track time for me anytime soon but I like the look of slotted rotors. I don't care if pads are dusty but I prefer them to be quiet. If there are no clear cut favorites for this application I'll probably just get Jordans opinion since I'll be ordering through him.

So as an honest question, how similar are rotor/pads across cars? Like is a really good setup for a non-Subaru STI likely to also be good for the STI? Or must they be similar in, say, weight? My thought is that good would be good no matter what.

If my logic holds, I'll just say after a lot of research for the M5 i ended up with Akebono pads and some centric rotors (non-drilled).

I'd also try to get some rotors that have coated hats and edges to prevent the rust...mostly just because it looks bad.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I imagine rotors and pads are fairly universal in terms of being good or not regardless of the car. While that is a very general statement, unlike some other systems, it seems as though most all cars run a very similar braking system. I ended up talking with Jordan and taking his recommendations based on my car being 99% for street driving. One day its purpose may change and allow for some more interesting parts/mod choices, but for now I'll make it look nice and be fun for the street.

STi_Walker

I just received my drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads from Brakeperformance.com I will install them sometime in the next week and give a review on them. I mean they have to be good the website name is brake performance My decision for this set up was price ultimately.
d8c8f705b27675bdb36c3cea302d354e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I just received my drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads from Brakeperformance.com I will install them sometime in the next week and give a review on them. I mean they have to be good the website name is brake performance My decision for this set up was price ultimately. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200107/d8c8f705b27675bdb36c3cea302d354e.jpg

$357 shipped?!?! KNS brakes were the cheapest option last I looked at brakes for my car and they were in the ~$450 range.

We definitely need a review of these at this price point! I'm sure they're more than adequate for street use!

STi_Walker

Working on the drivers side front right now and noticed these new brake pads that 2 of the clips are not there.

The pads I took off each have clips.

Does the passenger front brake pads not have clips?

Do these clips even matter at all?
997c0faf786875738a30c90c42d2a76f.jpg

STi_Walker

Never mind that is a wear indicator pin on the pad so I have one for each wheel. Sorry for the confusion I was having a moment

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Give us a review in about a week! :tup:

STi_Walker

ce088ae119758daf520800cffaf4eb4f.jpg
85f03babccba1797a92359a0c270e06b.jpg

These brakes and rotors have worked great so far. I have noticed a significant difference in stopping and they do not make any noise and keep my wheels a lot cleaner