Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

New here

New to the forum,

Looking at getting a older Sti at some point.

Got my wife a 2014 Subaru Impreza sport hatchback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTASTi thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTASTi, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New here

Welcome to the family friend.

Without you, we cease to exist. Without your support, we stop growing. Without your involvement, we remain at a standstill.
    Thank you for your faithfulness to our organization and your creative ideas and support.

4. Thanks Ugxibowden thanked for this post
    Likes Ugxibowden, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What other cars have you had in the past? What car do you currently drive? What model year STi do you plan on getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.

6. Likes Ugxibowden, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome, do a lot of research before buying any older wrx or sti models. Pretty common for people to beat on these cars pretty hard. With proper maintenance, tuning, and driving habits these cars are great. Without 1 or more of those things they *can* be a ticking time bomb. Just take your time and try to find out as much as possible on the car's history.

15 GBP STi

8. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What other cars have you had in the past? What car do you currently drive? What model year STi do you plan on getting?
    I’ve have a 2002 ford ranger edge
    I currently have a 2010 f150
    2005 Impreza 2.5 RS wagon
    And now just got my wife a 2014 Impreza sport hatch 2 years ago.

I’m thinking like a 08 sti,

10. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, Alin liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleye View Post
    Welcome, do a lot of research before buying any older wrx or sti models. Pretty common for people to beat on these cars pretty hard. With proper maintenance, tuning, and driving habits these cars are great. Without 1 or more of those things they *can* be a ticking time bomb. Just take your time and try to find out as much as possible on the car's history.
    Yeah I plan on doing a lot of research on the vehicle I buy, I do all my own work on all the vehicles I’ve owned so I’m going to do all a lot of looking over anything I’m thinking of buying

12. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Welcome!

Doing your own work is a great start! Are you looking to buy stock, or something more built up?

Check out my journal here!

14. Likes Ugxibowden, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    Welcome!

Doing your own work is a great start! Are you looking to buy stock, or something more built up?
    Something somewhat stock then upgrade stuff myself

16. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The problem with "stock" or "mostly stock" cars is that you're never sure they weren't heavily modified before. These are an EXTREMELY popular platform to mod, and people will often revert them back to stock and sell off all their old parts to maximize their returns. They can get money from the parts (often what/more than they paid if they got used to begind with, and then the car gets a premium for being "stock").

If/when you do a pre-purchase inspection, you need to look for telltale signs, such as fresh hardware in the exhaust, or exhaust bolts that ARENT rusted closed. I'm sure others will have some other signs to look for as well.

Check out my journal here!

18. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    The problem with "stock" or "mostly stock" cars is that you're never sure they weren't heavily modified before. These are an EXTREMELY popular platform to mod, and people will often revert them back to stock and sell off all their old parts to maximize their returns. They can get money from the parts (often what/more than they paid if they got used to begind with, and then the car gets a premium for being "stock").

If/when you do a pre-purchase inspection, you need to look for telltale signs, such as fresh hardware in the exhaust, or exhaust bolts that ARENT rusted closed. I'm sure others will have some other signs to look for as well.
    I don’t mind buying slightly modified would just prefer to know someone didn’t beat the shit outta it,

Thanks for the signs to look for, I’ll be making sure to do a full look over the vehicle

20. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast