New here

Ugxibowden

New to the forum,

Looking at getting a older Sti at some point.

Got my wife a 2014 Subaru Impreza sport hatchback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome to the family friend. :)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What other cars have you had in the past? What car do you currently drive? What model year STi do you plan on getting?

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Welcome, do a lot of research before buying any older wrx or sti models. Pretty common for people to beat on these cars pretty hard. With proper maintenance, tuning, and driving habits these cars are great. Without 1 or more of those things they *can* be a ticking time bomb. Just take your time and try to find out as much as possible on the car's history.

Ugxibowden

Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!!

What other cars have you had in the past? What car do you currently drive? What model year STi do you plan on getting?

I?ve have a 2002 ford ranger edge
I currently have a 2010 f150
2005 Impreza 2.5 RS wagon
And now just got my wife a 2014 Impreza sport hatch 2 years ago.

I?m thinking like a 08 sti,

Ugxibowden

Welcome, do a lot of research before buying any older wrx or sti models. Pretty common for people to beat on these cars pretty hard. With proper maintenance, tuning, and driving habits these cars are great. Without 1 or more of those things they *can* be a ticking time bomb. Just take your time and try to find out as much as possible on the car's history.

Yeah I plan on doing a lot of research on the vehicle I buy, I do all my own work on all the vehicles I?ve owned so I?m going to do all a lot of looking over anything I?m thinking of buying

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Welcome!

Doing your own work is a great start! Are you looking to buy stock, or something more built up?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
The problem with "stock" or "mostly stock" cars is that you're never sure they weren't heavily modified before. These are an EXTREMELY popular platform to mod, and people will often revert them back to stock and sell off all their old parts to maximize their returns. They can get money from the parts (often what/more than they paid if they got used to begind with, and then the car gets a premium for being "stock").

If/when you do a pre-purchase inspection, you need to look for telltale signs, such as fresh hardware in the exhaust, or exhaust bolts that ARENT rusted closed. I'm sure others will have some other signs to look for as well.

Ugxibowden

The problem with "stock" or "mostly stock" cars is that you're never sure they weren't heavily modified before. These are an EXTREMELY popular platform to mod, and people will often revert them back to stock and sell off all their old parts to maximize their returns. They can get money from the parts (often what/more than they paid if they got used to begind with, and then the car gets a premium for being "stock").

If/when you do a pre-purchase inspection, you need to look for telltale signs, such as fresh hardware in the exhaust, or exhaust bolts that ARENT rusted closed. I'm sure others will have some other signs to look for as well.

I don?t mind buying slightly modified would just prefer to know someone didn?t beat the shit outta it,

Thanks for the signs to look for, I?ll be making sure to do a full look over the vehicle

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Strangely enough as simple as it is, many cars that are returned to stock, lack the factory turbo heat shield. With a different downpipe installed, the shield usually doesn't fit, so people lose them along the way and neglect to get a replacement when returning the car to stock, for sale.