How effective is car wrap?

jamesmyu

There are a lot of question related to vehicle wraps.Most of the people think that vehicle wraps are only used for advertising but there are also some other advantages of vehicle wraps like protecting vehicle body, color prevention etc.But the question is that what makes a great vehicle wrap?There are a lot of signage companies that offer vehicle wrap services i.e when i search for top of the vehicle wrap manufacturer and installer I found Sign Company NYC but what happen when I visit to them and how they choose a design for me to make a great vehicle wrap?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There are a lot of question related to vehicle wraps.Most of the people think that vehicle wraps are only used for advertising but there are also some other advantages of vehicle wraps like protecting vehicle body, color prevention etc.But the question is that what makes a great vehicle wrap?There are a lot of signage companies that offer vehicle wrap services i.e when i search for top of the vehicle wrap manufacturer and installer I found Sign Company NYC but what happen when I visit to them and how they choose a design for me to make a great vehicle wrap?

Not sure exactly what you're looking for...?

A good wrap should be durable, should peel up cleanly even years later, and should be heat-formable to stretch around the car's contours. There are a few go-to for wrap brands, but I'd say the gold standard is probably 3M 1080 series. They have lots of colors and a few design/textures.

If you're looking for a custom design, that's all up to you! Not sure how those work.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I don't think most vehicles are wrapped to preserve the body (you see clear applications on the front of the car and ceramic coatings for that). There are definitely different quality levels to wrap. From what I understand it falls under "you get what you pay for". Cheaper products will be more susceptible to tearing and discoloration. I do not know where you are from, but climate and the elements the car faces will greatly impact how long it "lasts". For a full car I would have a reputable shop install for sure. More than likely they will have access to better materials and can get better pricing than you will on your own, so I would lean toward contacting several local companies that advertise car wraps and get quotes. They will be able to give you estimates on how long it will last and any of the pros and cons of different products. I think there was one member here that has done a full wrap or 2 over the years, if I find who it was I will tag them in this thread to see if they can chime in. Good luck and let us know what you find, I'd be interested to know the cost and how long they say the product will last.

BoogieMachine

[h=1]Been doing some reading as I would like to protect my front bumper and hood from chips and such. I copy and pasted this from an article. Few different brands out there,but Xpel offers a 10-year warranty and looks great and Nano-Fusion offers a lifetime warranty, but they cost the most. 3m has the biggest company backing it and cost the least in most cases, but the adhesive is super aggressive and it can have more issues with silvering and working marks. Suntek offers a self-healing film that looks as good as Xpel and costs less, but has a 5-year warranty.[/h]What does this mean? The ?best? is relative to an owner?s situation. While I will never personally suggest someone install 3m film(due to quality control -as it stands), if someone only cares about price they might find it is the best solution to install ppf. If someone wants an amazing looking film but only keeps a car 2-5 years, why spend the extra money on Xpel Ultimate? Garage queen that rarely sees the road and you?re keeping it a long time? Xpel may be the best fit. Want an OEM certified film with a long warranty? Nano-Fusion may be the best fit.
Our clients have enjoyed the protection and looks of our PPF. Good job cracking the surface of the subject and I look forward to your take on PPF moving forward.\