Knock Knock

Saw some knock yesterday that concerned me. I reset the ECU today and then went driving and took some logs. These are the results of the logs i took. Some pulls and a 18 minute drive under normal commuter circumstances.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AXexVzOxSC6B5_5K__Ti5eybUFWrFVIA?usp=sharing

hopefully you all can view these and get back to me as soon as possible. Don't wanna blow the engine up. On a 2018 STI with only about 7,000 miles on it.
[/FONT]

Eagleye

Tinkerer
So I browsed each one of the logs you posted and unless I am missing something I only see one knock event at the smallest reading it will pick up -1.40

This could easily be a misread by the sensor. There was nothing in all of the other logs. You are running the same Stage 1 map I am on my 15 STi. I get a single -1.40 knock event on most drives. I would not worry about it personally. The Cobb maps are very safe if you are following the mods required for each (in your and my case that means stock). Carry on!

So I browsed each one of the logs you posted and unless I am missing something I only see one knock event at the smallest reading it will pick up -1.40

This could easily be a misread by the sensor. There was nothing in all of the other logs. You are running the same Stage 1 map I am on my 15 STi. I get a single -1.40 knock event on most drives. I would not worry about it personally. The Cobb maps are very safe if you are following the mods required for each (in your and my case that means stock). Carry on!

I saw an 8 yesterday which is why I was more concerned, may have just been a hard shift or something idk I wasn?t logging and didn?t actually see it happen. I had talked with a few of you guys in the past about the Cobb OTS maps being safe already, so I didn?t even have my AP plugged in for quite some time. But decided to plug it back up and monitor with it and do some logs so I can possibly get a etune sooner then later, just more peace of mind. And then today I also a high of-2.8 on Feedback knock. But wasn?t logging when that happened. Couldn?t duplicate it based on my memory of what the variables where at the time.

subieeing

I see higher numbers like -8 sometimes too, but it's super occasionally. Unless you're seeing that with any regularity, I wouldn't worry.

Maybe look at your fine knock learn and DAM too.

Unless you're seeing anything crazy there or seeing -8 feedback knock all the time, there shouldn't be an issue.

I think most people get the occasional -2.8, and I've read that's totally normal.

I found this article explaining how the knock correction works and it was helpful to me.