New cars

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Is it possible to buy new cars without all of the nannies and aids?
Are you able to have the manufacturer remove cameras, and computers out of brand new vehicles?

The 2004 STi had only one thing and that was ABS...

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Too many of the things are required by law now. The stupid camera and TPMS for example, so in those cases def. not. Some manufacturers have been able to skirt some of the regulations by making limited run cars like the drag pack mustang they did a while ago. I think that was somewhat stripped down but it is hard to find a car like the 04 STi anymore.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Too many of the things are required by law now. The stupid camera and TPMS for example, so in those cases def. not. Some manufacturers have been able to skirt some of the regulations by making limited run cars like the drag pack mustang they did a while ago. I think that was somewhat stripped down but it is hard to find a car like the 04 STi anymore.

That is extremely disappointing... I may be the outlier here, but I think TPMS, digital oil level/life, and all that other "sophisticated" technology is bullshit. The ONLY source I trust to tell me my parameters are ME!

Look what your car apparently has!

New for 2015 WRX, STI: BOS- brake override system (when both gas and brake pedals are pressed, the car stops; brake pedal overrides gas pedal when both are pressed)

Does this mean if the car "senses" a collision incoming, it'll cut fuel off?

New on 2015: impact sensing fuel cutoff

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Some things I hate, others are fine. IMO the TPMS should be a free option so people have the choice to say ?I?m not lazy and am capable of looking at my car every now and again? and choose not to have them installed. Something far more helpful would be a car diagnostics system that people can easily access when there is a fault code. It is stupid that people have to buy/rent a code reader or take their car in to a shop to see what the generic light on their dash means. I don?t take issue with safety items like a fuel cutoff or a brake override. Not a fan of the oil life and other reminders, but you don?t have to set them up so they don?t bother me.