Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Water Filtration Systems?

1. Top Of Page | #1
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Water Filtration Systems?

Does anyone use any type of water filtration in their homes at all, whether it is counter top, under the sink, or just a pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Water Filtration Systems?

I use an under sink Wonder 10k. Not bad! It's not perfect but it makes the tap water MUCH more palatable...

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

3. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Water Filtration Systems?

We typically drink from the water dispenser on the fridge door. It has a cartridge filter inside that is replaced every 90-120 days. Even then, one should take care to wipe out the filter enclosure with a disinfectant during every change. Some of the areas around the o-ring seals can grow mold/mildew.

Our new house has a water softening and filtration unit in the basement, which is kinda funny considering the quality of the water in that jurisdiction is very good. So I've gotta learn how to maintain and run it, as well as temporarily bypass it, if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

5. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post