DAM going to 0

Hey guys. My name's Darius. I have a 2013 STI. I am seeing if I can get some input before I talk to my tuner. I have an IAG stage 3+ block with cobb everything for the STI. I just have stock heads and cams still. I have the IAG AOS, cobb fuel system, flex fuel, fmic, koyorad radiatior, moshimoto low temp thermostat, and cobb 20G. I have a protune done. Only when I go WOT and launch does my DAM go to 0. It doesn't all the time though. And it does go back to 1 on its own. Do I need to be concerned about my engine?

If I just reset the ecu when it goes to 0 and continue everytime, would that be bad?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Hey guys. My name's Darius. I have a 2013 STI. I am seeing if I can get some input before I talk to my tuner. I have an IAG stage 3+ block with cobb everything for the STI. I just have stock heads and cams still. I have the IAG AOS, cobb fuel system, flex fuel, fmic, koyorad radiatior, moshimoto low temp thermostat, and cobb 20G. I have a protune done. Only when I go WOT and launch does my DAM go to 0. It doesn't all the time though. And it does go back to 1 on its own. Do I need to be concerned about my engine?

If I just reset the ecu when it goes to 0 and continue everytime, would that be bad?

I'm not an engine guru, but I'd definitely be concerned seeing a 0.

From Cobb's own website: https://www.cobbtuning.com/subaru-knock-monitoring-and-dit-knock-logic-changes/

DAM represents a global adjustment to ignition timing. If this value is anything less than ideal, it?s a quick indicator something isn?t right (unless immediately following an ECU reset/reflash). ... On all other Subarus, the value is expressed as a decimal from 0 to 1, the ideal value being 1.

Your tuner should definitely be willing/able to talk to you about this though.