EVERY manual transmission vehicle in the world needs this feature!!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
This is a feature from a 1980's Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-16. These dots indicate the top of each individual gear! EVERY MANUAL TRANSMISSION VEHICLE IN THE WORLD NEEDS THIS!!!!!! :rambo:

OWSKg22.png

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Wow! That's awesome. But at least our cars have the idiot light and alarm. That's almost as good. :unsure:

I can see this being even more desireable if the car didn't have a tachometer.

I'm always wary of opening a gauge cluster (and I work on them nearly every week) but you could put some marks in your own speedo to indicate gear limits.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
That's what I was thinking earlier! I've linked custom gauge clusters before, like the yellow tachometer one. I ABSOLUTELY love this and will definitely be a future modification. It's such a subtle and key feature that I deem an absolute must for every future manual transmission vehicle I'll ever own.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
They should just do this to ALL gauge clusters, regardless of transmission type.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, I did a quick mock up of the STi gauge cluster. I'm not sure how it would incorporated in a GD cluster since it's essentially all red and black.

v75dleN.jpg

You could do square dots like in the Benz or you could do lines as I've shown. Any other ideas as how to make it look good if this were to be done?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
A fucking VW mobile home Vanagon (South African version) from 1980 even has this!

s-l1600.jpg