Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: EVERY manual transmission vehicle in the world needs this feature!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

EVERY manual transmission vehicle in the world needs this feature!!!

This is a feature from a 1980's Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-16. These dots indicate the top of each individual gear! EVERY MANUAL TRANSMISSION VEHICLE IN THE WORLD NEEDS THIS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

2. Thanks Batmobile_Engage thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: EVERY manual transmission vehicle in the world needs this feature!!!

Wow! That's awesome. But at least our cars have the idiot light and alarm. That's almost as good.

I can see this being even more desireable if the car didn't have a tachometer.

I'm always wary of opening a gauge cluster (and I work on them nearly every week) but you could put some marks in your own speedo to indicate gear limits.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

4. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That's what I was thinking earlier! I've linked custom gauge clusters before, like the yellow tachometer one. I ABSOLUTELY love this and will definitely be a future modification. It's such a subtle and key feature that I deem an absolute must for every future manual transmission vehicle I'll ever own.

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

6. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

They should just do this to ALL gauge clusters, regardless of transmission type.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

8. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

So, I did a quick mock up of the STi gauge cluster. I'm not sure how it would incorporated in a GD cluster since it's essentially all red and black.

You could do square dots like in the Benz or you could do lines as I've shown. Any other ideas as how to make it look good if this were to be done?