Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New guy

1. Top Of Page | #31
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: New guy

Quote Originally Posted by MedicMike View Post
    I am pretty much free all the time. This week I work Wednesday and Friday. Next week just friday.

I promise to get a engine bay ouc up soon.
    We'll do it this week. I'm waiting for a friend to tell me which day he can install tires on some rims I bought recently for my daily. Once I get the tire mounted on the rims and then I install the wheels on my car, then I'll come down. I'll update you when I know which day it'll be.

Also, in the meantime, if you have any questions whatsoever, ask away. I'd rather have you asking questions than making mistakes. If I can't answer, or if I can't find an answer, I'm sure someone else will be able to chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Thanks...

3. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

4. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

5. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

I'm really not sure why your posts won't display anything, but here's the picture you linked: (I can see the link when I use "Reply With Quote.")

Can you also get us a picture from the passenger fender looking down at the turbo? I think I have spare bulbs for the STi headlights. I'll check and let you know.

6. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Hey Alin thanks for stopping by. Awesome meeting you

7. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Met up with Mike to check out the WRX and he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from other platforms to the table. The WRX is in way better shape than I assumed at first. I'm extremely jealous!

For everyone else, here is some more information:

-He ordered a turbo blanket
    -The AEM CAI routes to where the fog light would reside. I suggested he buys a hydro filter to put over the air filter
    -The car has a catless downpipe (aftermarket TBE)
    -He showed me the block off plate that was installed on the BPV. I've never seen one before, but its essentially a metal plate cut in the shape of the BPV gasket. It was removed to allow air to recirculate again
    -I'm forced to assume the car is tuned because it runs extremely well from what I saw. If the tune were to be the factory one, there's no way the car would run as well as it did
    -There are a lot of electrical things done, such as different lighting gauge cluster and center console, different ways to activate switches and lights, but they all work

Overall, the car is in great shape. Mike, let us know if the CEL comes on again and which code pops up.

I don't have a picture of mine anymore, but here's a general picture of a hydro shield:

And like I said, ask any and all questions!

Edit: Actually, I found the picture:

Also, in addition to the turbo blanket, I'd also suggest you wrap the down pipe as well. DEI makes great heat tapes.

9. Likes Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

What's the suspension. Those camber plates definitely arent stock, wondering what else was done? Springs, struts, coilovers? Sways, endlinks?

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

11. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    What's the suspension. Those camber plates definitely arent stock, wondering what else was done? Springs, struts, coilovers? Sways, endlinks?

He has BC BR coilovers. He mentioned it in one of his first posts. Shame on you for not reading!

12. Thanks MedicMike thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Again, thanks Alin, your once over meant allot to me. The exhaust wrap was already planned. Just waiting on my gaskets to arrive so I can pull the pipe and do the job. Oh let me know if there are any take overs I would enjoy hanging out and make fun of the honda people.

14. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast