New guy

xOgkafu

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
51251d1145911826-main-radiator-fan-turns-what-temp-cooling.system.png

Looks like they turn on at 203 degrees. :lol:

I edited my previous post. Adding to it:

-Do your head lights have xenon's/HID's?
Your interior doesn't show the head light leveler knob.

-You mentioned the BPV "has had the gasket mode to block its dump."
What do you mean exactly? From the small picture, it looks like you have the stock BPV installed. Are you saying it's blocked from recirculating back into the turbo inlet?

Thanks for the flow chart.
Yes they are HID lights. The wiring isnt quite right. The high beams are wired to the fog light switch. Discovered that one at oh dark thirty.
That is correct with the bpv.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
So, where does the excess boost pressure go then if it's blocked off from recirculating and you don't have a BOV to vent the excess pressure into the atmosphere?! Aftermarket intake, blocked off BPV, and the stock tune/map. I hope someone else can chime in because I don't think I've ever seen the stock BPV blocked off as you mention.

Either way, again, drive like a grandma for the time being if you must drive the car to prevent any possible damage. (Try to avoid boosting unless an emergency arises where you deem necessary to boost.) Here's what I would do considering the information I have at the moment:

-Seek out and purchase a complete stock air intake system (should be relatively cheap if you can find on Craigslist, if not check Nasioc classifieds)
-Remove the blocking mechanism in the BPV so the excess boost pressure recirculates back into the turbo inlet

You don't have a Cobb Accessport or a wideband/AFR gauge, so no way to monitor parameters. Unfortunately, your situation is complex, especially for someone new to this domain.

The Boost Back flows into the Downstream Side of the turbo. The Previous owner found A hack online that when put into USE Cause the Chirp sound when the pressure is dumped. I dont see any value you in it. But it was already done.

Edit. Oh I did put a scan gage on the obd port. I will see if it can supply the fuel/air ratio.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
The OBD port will read an O2 sensor for an AFR, and the Cobb Accessport can do the same thing, however, it won't be accurate. A separate, standalone wideband/AFR with its own O2 sensor would need to be bunged into the down pipe for an accurate reading.

I don't understand what you're describing. Here is how the system is supposed to function:

mlKbjdE.png

So, the recalculation hose that connects the BPV to the turbo inlet is routed underneath the TMIC (top mount intercooler). What portion of it is blocked off exactly?

On the recirc valve the gasket that lies between it and the TMIC is replaced with a solid gasket. So when you go to idle from acceleration the air is pushed back from the TMICback into the turbo discharge.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Can't say I've ever heard or seen that done before... When are you usually available? Let's set up a day and time for me to come out to you.

I am pretty much free all the time. This week I work Wednesday and Friday. Next week just friday.

I promise to get a engine bay ouc up soon.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I am pretty much free all the time. This week I work Wednesday and Friday. Next week just friday.

I promise to get a engine bay ouc up soon.

We'll do it this week. I'm waiting for a friend to tell me which day he can install tires on some rims I bought recently for my daily. Once I get the tire mounted on the rims and then I install the wheels on my car, then I'll come down. I'll update you when I know which day it'll be.

Also, in the meantime, if you have any questions whatsoever, ask away. I'd rather have you asking questions than making mistakes. If I can't answer, or if I can't find an answer, I'm sure someone else will be able to chime in.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm really not sure why your posts won't display anything, but here's the picture you linked: (I can see the link when I use "Reply With Quote.")

Y0PJ0Fp.jpg

Can you also get us a picture from the passenger fender looking down at the turbo? I think I have spare bulbs for the STi headlights. I'll check and let you know.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Met up with Mike to check out the WRX and he brings a wealth of knowledge and experience from other platforms to the table. :tup: The WRX is in way better shape than I assumed at first. I'm extremely jealous! :lol:

For everyone else, here is some more information:

-He ordered a turbo blanket
-The AEM CAI routes to where the fog light would reside. I suggested he buys a hydro filter to put over the air filter
-The car has a catless downpipe (aftermarket TBE)
-He showed me the block off plate that was installed on the BPV. I've never seen one before, but its essentially a metal plate cut in the shape of the BPV gasket. It was removed to allow air to recirculate again
-I'm forced to assume the car is tuned because it runs extremely well from what I saw. If the tune were to be the factory one, there's no way the car would run as well as it did
-There are a lot of electrical things done, such as different lighting gauge cluster and center console, different ways to activate switches and lights, but they all work

Overall, the car is in great shape. Mike, let us know if the CEL comes on again and which code pops up.

I don't have a picture of mine anymore, but here's a general picture of a hydro shield:

maxresdefault.jpg

And like I said, ask any and all questions!

Edit: Actually, I found the picture:

tKocuTg.jpg

Also, in addition to the turbo blanket, I'd also suggest you wrap the down pipe as well. DEI makes great heat tapes.

lEEkNyk.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
What's the suspension. Those camber plates definitely arent stock, wondering what else was done? Springs, struts, coilovers? Sways, endlinks?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
What's the suspension. Those camber plates definitely arent stock, wondering what else was done? Springs, struts, coilovers? Sways, endlinks?

He has BC BR coilovers. He mentioned it in one of his first posts. Shame on you for not reading! :rambo: :lol:

Again, thanks Alin, your once over meant allot to me. The exhaust wrap was already planned. Just waiting on my gaskets to arrive so I can pull the pipe and do the job. Oh let me know if there are any take overs I would enjoy hanging out and make fun of the honda people.