New Sti

Pat-GB

Your link was broken so I fixed that for ya :tup:

Looks good! How much extra noise do you notice from the bars, and any whistling or anything? Do you leave them on all the time?

We have a Thule roof carrier with similar bars for my wife's car, but I had to take the bars off for daily driving because of how noticeable it was for me. I'm sure having a sunroof didn't help.

Thanks for that. Website was being weird that day. I leave them on daily. Thinking about getting the deflector. Noise isn't too bad unless I'm speeding. Most of my time is spent under 55 so it isn't bad. 70-80 is OK. I'd take them off if I wanted to have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pat-GB

Just ordered the Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn kit and the SmartTap blinkers. Can't wait for them to come it. This will be Mod #2 after the roof rack. Next is saving for either new speakers or exhaust.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Just ordered the Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn kit and the SmartTap blinkers. Can't wait for them to come it. This will be Mod #2 after the roof rack. Next is saving for either new speakers or exhaust.

Hadn't heard of those before...actually looks pretty cool! Post a write up and review when it comes in!

Pat-GB

Will do. Should have them by next weekend. Looking forward to led backup lights also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S4toSTI

What are the Diode Dynamic tail and smart tap blinkers? Thanks

There?s no replacement for displacement but I?d still rather be blown

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Thinking about getting the deflector. Noise isn't too bad unless I'm speeding.

The noise you guys are talking about... Is it a like a humming sound?

I have a super cheap fix for that. I'll try to find some photos of what I did to eliminate the hum my wife's Equinox started making once she had a roof rack installed.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It's not super pretty, but it is very inexpensive and is not permanent. In this case, I used thin weatherstripping with an adhesive backing. Since the surface of the rack is a wrinkle-matt-plastic material, the adhesive didn't hang on quite as well as I hoped, so I securing the trailing ends together with zipties and then trimmed off as much excess as possible.
I don't know if you like this idea or not, but figured it's worth mentioning...

c1d091892da994560fa4d4bee4555d71.jpg

c5cc5147ea00c3f871cec8686f2a3215.jpg

f28199f7f5fb3d9991ad1e003e4c1120.jpg

Last edited:

Pat-GB

Interesting idea. I suppose it breaks up the air. I might have to give that a try. How does it hold up going through a car wash?

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Interesting idea. I suppose it breaks up the air. I might have to give that a try. How does it hold up going through a car wash?

:unsure: No problems yet.