Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sti

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New Sti

Just over 1050 miles, and already changed the oil at the 1k mark. I usually drive it pretty easy. I only live like 10 miles from work and the speed limits are slow around here. I've had my fun with it, though. She drives nice and corners like a dream. I have read the owners manual and even downloaded the PDF for quick searches. I know enough to not launch it (at least not often . I can tell the difference playing with the different driving modes and reading about them online. Needless to say, I did my research before I even bought the car. I've wanted one for years, just needed to pay down some debt.
    I am looking at moding the body already, but will take it easy with the holidays coming up. I'll have fun next year. As far as questions, not right now. Just the wheel sizing. I'd love to get some 17" wheels for winter. I like the 19" and summer tires. Not sure I want all season.

2. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

It looks like you're on the right track. ALWAYS learn as much as you can in order to avoid mistakes!

I answered your question in your other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I saw that. Thanks for the response! Guess I'm looking for 18" wheels. Going to check a few pick-a-part places to see if I can get some off junked cars. Save some money this year at least.

5. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Batmobile_Engage, Alin liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Eats rice, drinks V8. Batmobile_Engage's Avatar

User Info Menu

One thing that's difficult on a forum, is knowing how knowledgable someone is, because we don't want to come off as talking down to anyone. I was there back in the day, I knew which way to turn a bolt but didn't understand the vehicle as a complete system, so to speak. So anyway, don't be afraid to run everything by us, even tires!

For example all wheel drive systems such as Subaru's, can experience damage to the viscous couplings if your tire tread depths are more than 2/32 apart. i.e. all your tires at at 6/32 and you replace two tires with brand new 10/32" tread depth... you're gonna have expensive damage to fix. I guess that's just an obscure example of why we suggest you mention this stuff.

We want to help you prevent problems from happening in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTASTi View Post
    I will put the last drop of oil on Earth in my turbocharged machine and smile amongst the carcinogenic fumes as I burn T-Rex’s family tree just so I can pass you, sideways in the middle of a blizzard.
    Member Journal: https://www.igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?5453-The-Batmobile_Engage-Member-Journal

7. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I was reading that yesterday on the tire forums. First AWD, so I'm doing my research. Good/bad part is I live in the north so AWD/4WD is a normal thing. Bad part is snow/Salt. I'm planning on garaging it the first few winters to save the frame from salt.

9. Thanks Alin, jimoblivion thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Batmobile_Engage, jimoblivion liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

First Mod. Just a roof rack, but it's a start. Have bike mount ordered.