Hello and thank you for having me!

Kingofkw

Hello all.
I?m the proud new owner of a 2011 sti. I don?t have it on the road right now. Need to repair one or two things before hand.
I?ll be honest, I wasn?t looking for a new car nor did I know to much about the Impreza WRX STI. but this bad boy was priced ridiculously low (don?t ask how much I paid) and couldn?t pass it up.

My current ride is a 2006 Toyota Matrix TRD with 450,000 kilometres and runs
fantastic.

Known issues with my new ride; brakes, power steering pump, tires, steering angle assist, rear diff connection (wire) broken and the front bumper is cracked from running over an animal.

Included so far with purchase and more coming
new pads and rotors
2 extra sets of rims
devil eyes
underbody led lights
red projector lamp
toggle switches

I?m not over handy with cars but I try.

Thanks everyone!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Post some pictures of the ride!!

Tell us about your Toyota Matrix TRD as well! That's a lot of miles, so how do you maintain it?

Looks like you have your hands full with some wrenching in the near future! :lol:

Kingofkw

I?ve owned my Matrix since new. I don?t really do anything special to maintain my Matrix. Just routine oil changes. I changed the oil every 3 months due to my 130 km round trip to work and home. In the last 13 years and 3 months of owning it, I?ve never bought washer fluid until last month.
Now the scary and shameful things I have NOT touched since Ive owned it and please don?t judge me.
Spark plugs are original
transmission fluid hasn?t been changed, ever!
It drives like a dream and doesn?t show any signs of its age. A true gem.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
If it isn't broken, then it doesn't need fixing. Everyone has their own ideologies. :tup: Post some pictures!

I'm assuming the Canadian TRD is the same as the American XRS model. Does your car have the same engine as the Lotus Elise?

What other cars have you had in the past?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Known issues with my new ride; brakes, power steering pump, tires, steering angle assist, rear diff connection (wire) broken and the front bumper is cracked from running over an animal.

I?m not over handy with cars but I try.

What's wrong with the brakes?

And what's steering angle assist, is that just power steering? Does it need a whole new pump or just a cracked line?

Planning on doing it all yourself?

Kingofkw

Hello. Thank you for asking.
I?m going off of what the seller told me about the car. I drove it. The steering wheel gives me a chattering feedback when I turn it. The belt also lets of a high pitch squeal. No fluids are leaking anywhere.
If the power steering pump needs a change then I?ll take it in to my guy.

The seller told me the brakes were bad and the new pads and rotors are unopened in the trunk. I can change them myself.

The ?uphill assist? is lit up on the dash with a line through it. He told me about the angle assist issue. Nothing shows up on obd2 scanner for it.

There is a P00031 code I can?t clear. I?ll assume it?s the 02 sensor before the catalytic converter.

The rear dif ground wire was broken where the wire feeds into the plastic connector. I?m waiting for that to be repaired.