Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone else into flashlights

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone else into flashlights

Also, the Acebeam H30, a headlamp, has an option for a brightass main light with a secondary red light and a tertiary UV beam. The red is a single brightness, so may be too bright/dim for hunting. But I thought the UV could be good for tracking blood splatters off a wounded animal.

Unfortunately it's not exactly a cheap headlamp, but maybe some hunting forums have some reviews diving into it's merits.

Edit: H30 not h40

Last edited by Grinder34; 01-21-2020 at 08:22 PM.

Check out my journal here (Sold)
    My non-subaru journal here!

2. Thanks Alin, Batmobile_Engage thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

I just impulse bought an acebeam E10. It's a handheld lightsaber. And for you hunters, it comes in a green or red option that's supposed to be good for animals and night vision. I'll post some beam shots, but from what I've seen it's going to be ridiculous. It's all spot, no flood, and goes out something like 600m so basically farther than you'll be able to see without binoculars

4. Top Of Page | #33
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Dang, $60? I'd like to see some real life pictures of it whenever you receive it.

It's something that I'd keep in the car because it seems to be too thick for trousers or a sport jacket.

The rechargeable battery sure is interesting.

If it's insanely bright and projects at the distance it's advertised to, then I think I'll bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Engage View Post
    It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alin View Post
    Dang, $60? I'd like to see some real life pictures of it whenever you receive it.

It's something that I'd keep in the car because it seems to be too thick for trousers or a sport jacket.

The rechargeable battery sure is interesting.

If it's insanely bright and projects at the distance it's advertised to, then I think I'll bite.

http://www.acebeam.com/Images/uploaded/E10/E10-3.jpg

http://www.acebeam.com/Images/uploaded/E10/E10-5.jpg
    It comes today. So if you buy on Amazon it's $50 and free returns for any reason. So basically free trial! (edit: oh that's only the white version on Amazon, not the green/red)

Wednesday I'll be headed to a lake in NH so lots of opportunity for some beamshots. Granted, I only have a phone for photos, so they may not be great--but i'll be able to give a good subjective opinion. Also you can read some reviews on reddit.com/r/flashlight and i'm sure on the budgetlightforum

6. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

8. Thanks Alin thanked for this post
    Likes Alin liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #36
    On a quest of STi erudition! Alin's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder34 View Post
    It comes today. So if you buy on Amazon it's $50 and free returns for any reason. So basically free trial! (edit: oh that's only the white version on Amazon, not the green/red)

Wednesday I'll be headed to a lake in NH so lots of opportunity for some beamshots. Granted, I only have a phone for photos, so they may not be great--but i'll be able to give a good subjective opinion. Also you can read some reviews on reddit.com/r/flashlight and i'm sure on the budgetlightforum
    3 weeks and still no update!

It doesn't have to have a nut on the outside. Many are short, but I often try to find long ones that sometimes have a bend in them.
    I don't need another reason to dig through 4 layers of clothes to whip the sea monster out in 0 degree weather.

10. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Oh man!

Took it to the lake. It turns out a big lake isn't exactly the best place to try out anything budget, IMO. There are some flashlights that can literally shine MILES, but they're $$$$. Those guys woulda been able to do some real impressing. I tried to aim my thrower at the nearest shore and it could only light it up a bit. ~1/4 mile and a bit of fog. So that got me kinda sad. But then i turned around and shined it in the woods. HOLY CRAP. It looks so badass. Lakes just have huuuuge distances.

I did get a chance to compare it to my dad's flashlight that was a thing of legend when i was a kid. He's had one for decades that looks kinda like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052TQX64 but way older and a bit bigger. As a kid that was THE word in flashlights (handheld spotlights). In comparison though, my pocket light was just a tad brighter on the nearest shore line, and waaaay better beam quality. I didn't get any beamshots, but I'll be keeping it to have fun with.

11. Thanks Alin, Batmobile_Engage thanked for this post
    Likes Alin, Batmobile_Engage liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234