Anyone else into flashlights

Grinder34

Track Monkey
No, NOT fleshlights.....FLASHlights.

With that out of the way...

I recently discovered the joys of a good flashlight (it arrived yesterday) and have already ordered two more. Last time i bought a flashlight, it was off/on. The Big features were that the maglite also had the variable "focus", and you could beat someone with it. I now have a headlamp (great for working on cars!!) that's 700 lumen. That's >15x brighter than the 3x D-Cell maglite! And it fits on my head!!! Plus there are modes, menus, even firmware updates for these bad boys.

One of the next ones (already ordered) is something like 4000 lumens and i've seen a video of someone using it to light their cigar :tard:

Anyways, just wondering if there were any others of you out there who wanted to talk shop!

(I have too many collector hobbies...but that's a problem money can easily solve! Next one will be a mechanical keyboard, incoming before the holidays, hopefully)

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I'm not into flashlights, per se, but I do have a powerful one that lights up the house at the opposing end of the street. (I don't know exact distance, but extremely far for the naked eye.) I always carry a flashlight on my person as well, a Streamlight Microstream.

A flashlight powerful enough to light a cigar, though?! Can you please find the video and post it? That sounds... intense! :lol:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I'm not into flashlights, per se, but I do have a powerful one that lights up the house at the opposing end of the street. (I don't know exact distance, but extremely far for the naked eye.) I always carry a flashlight on my person as well, a Streamlight Microstream.

A flashlight powerful enough to light a cigar, though?! Can you please find the video and post it? That sounds... intense! :lol:

I need a pic of the big one!

That streamlight is 45 lumens. The one i'm getting is 4000 and looks like this:

uvuJF5v.jpg

Let me look for the video...

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Alright, so I carry that Streamlight Microstream, which is 45 lumens.

41ELZlCxhFL._SX425_.jpg

I also have about 5 or 6 of these Lil Larry lights as well, which are 250 lumens. (I have one of these mounted on my bicycle.)
https://www.nebotools.com/p/LiL-Larry/403

6373.jpg

I'm trying to find out now what the name of the large flashlight is called. There's no indication anywhere on the exterior. It has an 18,650 Kanyo long battery inside and is also rechargeable with a hidden, waterproof micro USB port. (I'm jumping through some insane hoops trying to find a picture of it. :lol: )

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Alright, so I carry that Streamlight Microstream, which is 45 lumens.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41ELZlCxhFL._SX425_.jpg

I also have about 5 or 6 of these Lil Larry lights as well, which are 250 lumens. (I have one of these mounted on my bicycle.)
https://www.nebotools.com/p/LiL-Larry/403

https://d114hh0cykhyb0.cloudfront.net/images/uploads/6373.jpg

I'm trying to find out now what the name of the large flashlight is called. There's no indication anywhere on the exterior. It has an 18,650 Kanyo long battery inside and is also rechargeable with a hidden, waterproof micro USB port. (I'm jumping through some insane hoops trying to find a picture of it. :lol: )

Dude...you have a camera! It's dark. Go take some pictures! And then one inside of the flashlight itself.

I now own THREE 18650s and one 18350.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I can't do that unless I want police showing up at my door. People here are fucking retarded. My street is also a main street where there is traffic cutting through from two other main roads. Here's what you do get, though:

QJdkLD0.jpg

J66EKI6.jpg

42omVet.jpg

7Id0Eu0.jpg

0yCa2Vh.jpg

ww8L83W.jpg

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wow, well if that's only ~700 lumens and it projects to the other end of the street, I can't fathom what your 4,000 lumens flashlight's brightness is like in person.

More wisdom from the internet:

You had better cut the shrink wrap that connects the two cells open and separate them so you can charge each cell by itself. Charging them in series without individual voltage control for each cell is extremely dangerous and a recipe for disaster.

Although someone else said it could be possible that is has "a contact for balance charging"...

:unsure:

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
No, NOT fleshlights.....FLASHlights.

Here's another one for your list of IGOTASTI quotes, [MENTION=1172]Alin[/MENTION]. :rofl:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Here's another one for your list of IGOTASTI quotes, @Alin. :rofl:
I can't!!!! :banghead: :rambo:

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
[MENTION=1]IGOTASTi[/MENTION] , can you fix this?! :lol:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Man my new flashlight just came today, holy crap it's bright! I'll have to wait for night to get some proper beam shots, but it's awesome!

IMG_20191025_151408.jpg IMG_20191025_151338.jpg

The headband one puts out ~700 lumens. The other one puts out ~4000 lumens!!

My charger still hasn't arrived, so once i burn through these batteries I'm going to have to wait again :(

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Ok got some night shots. Caveat: all photos were taken on a crappy phone camera and really dont do anything justice!

Each will be
1) Camera flash
2) Headlamp (YLP 2M CRI)
3) Flashlight (Emisar D4V2)

Driveway shot (focus on the fence on the left and the lamps on it):
IMG_20191025_193112.jpg
IMG_20191025_193351.jpg
IMG_20191025_193457.jpg

Back "yard" shot (look at the house in the background):
IMG_20191025_193610.jpg
IMG_20191025_193626.jpg
IMG_20191025_193652.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
HOLY SHIT! I can't imagine what that actually looks like to the naked eye in person! How much does that flashlight cost?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
HOLY SHIT! I can't imagine what that actually looks like to the naked eye in person! How much does that flashlight cost?

Frighteningly cheap. $45 or so, base price. $63.95 shipped with a bunch of extras. Its such a fun toy!!

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I can't!!!! :banghead: :rambo:

The following errors occurred with your submission

• Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 5 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
@IGOTASTi , can you fix this?! :lol:

Haha, I disabled signatures from even showing up. You guys...

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
@Grinder34, do they make that headlamp with a red lens option?

I have a cheapo Princeton Tec headlamp and it's dual intensity white LED modes are pretty good, but the red LED is pretty weak. It's good enough for sneaking into the woods before sunrise, but only if you can go slowly because it's range is sorely limited.

Last edited:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
@Grinder34, do they make that headlamp with a red lens option?

I have a cheapo Princeton Tec headlamp and it's dual intensity white LED modes are pretty good, but the red LED is pretty weak. It's good enough for sneaking into the woods before sunrise, but only if you can go slowly because it's range is sorely limited.

Here's a start:
http://flashlights.parametrek.com/index.html?type=headlamp&led_color=photo red+red

Not sure how bright most of the reds are on most of those, at least at the lower price points.

How essential is it to be a headlamp?